Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I Feel Inadequate
Camera: X10 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Rupert, 07-29-2012, 09:25 AM

With all the car guys like Bob and Jer here with the fine cars, I fell sort of wimpy for buying this for my grandson to finish out his last two years of college. He will be a senior this Fall, and will be traveling weekly to do out of town internship, followed by another year of internship before he becomes an Officer in the Army. His old Jeep Cherokee has seen better days.....about 200K miles ago!

Gets great mileage....has every option known to man....drives great! Fast? Not so much!

Hope he likes it, he hasn't seen it yet.....doesn't even know about it. He comes in this evening from a month in Spokane at Officers Leadership School....... if he likes it Mrs Rupert may forget about Otis winning that Plant War and let me sleep in the house again. Damn concrete shop floor is hard....and dirty...I need to sweep more often!
[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
Views: 932
07-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Almost bought one of those for my Son Rupert , the ford focus has come a long way. Cherry red he can just make believe it's a vette :-) That's a fine gesture and I am sure he'll love it. I suspect this gets you at a minimum inside on the couch ha!
07-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Will you adopt me?
07-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I suspect this gets you at a minimum inside on the couch ha!
Man alive! I sure hope so, I miss that AC in my hot shop at night on that hard cement floor!

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Will you adopt me?
Just hang around on my back deck and look hungry, you'll be "in the fold" in no time! Can't guarantee you'll get a Vette....but if you look "needy" enough, anything is possible. That's how Otis got his Mercedes .

Regards!

07-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm a big Focus fan - I bought my daughter an '06 in the fall of '05 from a Columbus dealer (over the phone) while she was still a grad student at Ohio State. She's still driving and enjoying the car in Palo Alto.

Jer
07-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wonderful loving gesture Rupert, what a surprise this will be. Don't let your Grandson join up with Otis' army, we need good men in the USA Army. Have a good sleep tonight.
07-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Thanks Jer, coming from you that makes me feel real good on my decision. You know cars....I only know Jeeps!

Bob, My Grandson is not qualified for Otis Army....Otis turned him down a few years back.......wasn't bloodthirsty or cut throat enough to get through Otis' Basic Training course. When Otis commanded him to go next door and chew out the crotches of the old ladies underwear hanging on the clothesline, my Grandson laid down his little rifle and dropped out. I was so proud he did!

Regards!

07-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Is that the Classic Chevrolet dealership in Grapevine? HWY 121? Holy cow Rupert....you're 5 minutes from the house. Welcome to my neck of the woods....although you could've picked a slightly cooler day to car shop. I just came back in from the pool....at 105F+, it's too hot to do anything outside....the pool felt like a hot tub!
07-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

better than the '62 vw bug hand me down i'd gotten in college.. had a 2x4 under the seat from to keep it from falling thru the floor...
nice gesture for your grandson... dave m
07-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sure beats my first car. An 850cc Austin Mini. Little power, even less in the way of brakes and I had to buy it myself. Small cars have come a long way.