Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Some boring flower macros
Posted By: CJCram, 01-27-2008, 05:38 PM

Well, this is my first macro attempt! I bought a SMC-A 50mm f2 from Ebay along with $15 extension tubes. I'm really impressed with the set up! These photos were all taken at 1:1 with some flowers I bought specifically for the photo shoot and natural light. Most were at f2-2.8. I want to play more with the aperture; DOF was so narrow at f2.

(I desaturated this one a bit and I like the effect!)

Views: 1,417
01-27-2008, 05:59 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I liked the first and the last one.
01-27-2008, 11:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CJCram Quote
I want to play more with the aperture; DOF was so narrow at f2.
True enough, but the narrow depth of field can be a good feature of macro photography if used well -- as you have most certainly done to great creative effect in the first and fourth shots. It just makes it darn tough technically to get a good photo because it is so difficult to focus. By all means play around with the aperture, but these are terrific shots for a newbie to extension tubes (better than the crap ones I took a couple of weeks ago when I got mine!).