Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Enjoying the wide open spaces-Just like Bob H
Lens: 55-300 Pentax mostly Camera: K5 Photo Location: Salisbury State Park Ma. 
Posted By: charliezap, 08-05-2012, 07:37 AM

The wife and I spent the day(Saturday) at Salisbury State Park in Ma yesterday.My son has his site with a big tent and canopy and next to his site another couple has their big travel trailer.Right after the Vietnam War the returning veterans went there and it was Party central.It got out of hand and now there is no alcohol allowed(just keep it out of sight) They run a tight ship there now with State Police doing routine patrols even on horseback.It is now a great family place for setting up camp from small tents to big motor homes.Today is a bonus day for me.I thought that it was Monday and it's only Sunday.--charliezap

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 1,789
08-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
While it might be a nice wide open space with no people, I think I just learned I have demophobia after viewing these.

Nice pics Charlie and thanks for sharing, but crowds like that just make me curl up inside.
08-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like your son found a nice campgound, full hook ups, even a sewer dump, cement pad, place for a campfire, BBQ and a nice wood picnic bench. That is the positive point Charlie. I have never seen that much humanity and butt cracks crammed into one place in my life. I'm with Stan on the crowds, although you really did get some great shots of the beach life, the following Eric Burdon lyrics came to mind:

We gotta get out of this place
If it's the last thing we ever do
Cause Charlie, there's a better life for you and the wife.

Last edited by Bob Harris; 08-06-2012 at 08:24 PM.
08-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
While it might be a nice wide open space with no people, I think I just learned I have demophobia after viewing these.

Nice pics Charlie and thanks for sharing, but crowds like that just make me curl up inside.
Hi Stan.I purposely compressed the shot with the 300mm f/l but it really was crowded without doing so.I couldn't even cruise the beach with my metal detector because of the people.--charliezap

08-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Brilliant title and photo's to match!
08-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Hi Stan.I purposely compressed the shot with the 300mm f/l but it really was crowded without doing so.I couldn't even cruise the beach with my metal detector because of the people.--charliezap

No offense intended at all Charlie - just that after living in the mountains for so long, just the sight of crowds like that kind of scare me. And all this comes from a person who was born in.........wait for it.......New Jersey!

Also, up until 6 months ago, I was in Springfield Ma just about every day since that is the mail hub I delivered to. 6 months ago I finally got switched to the Ohio end of the run which is a whole different world compared to New England for sure.

I know I am becoming more of a hermit everyday as I get older.
08-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
"Give me lands lots of land under starry skies above......" I'm thinking I screwed up the lyrics but you get my drift. That is why we don't go to the beach in the summertime.

08-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Looks like your son found a nice campgound, full hook ups, even a sewer dump, cement pad, place for a campfire, BBQ and a nice wood picnic bench. That is the positive point Charlie. I have never seen that much humanity and butt cracks crammed into one place in my life. I'm with Stan on the crowds, although you really did get some great shots of the beach life, the following Eric Burdon lyrics came to mind:

If it's the last thing we ever do
Cause Charlie, there's a better life for you and the wife.

Here's where we spent Saturday, you can see I even saved you a place on the waterfront
The wife and I may go back up and spend a night in the middle of the week when it's a lot less hectic.Your area looks awesome but I would get the shakes if I couldn't smell seafood and pizza cooking.--charliezap
08-06-2012, 05:00 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Wow Charlie, thats a lot of people! Looks like a kids paradise for sure. Nice colourful fun photos. I think I'll take my dogs out into the lonely woods now. Thank you so much for sharing your great weekend. (I love love love bonus days!!!)
08-06-2012, 05:12 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A great slice-of-life, Charlie. But too many people. Even though I live in the inner suburbs or a big city, around 4 million population, I prefer places where you count population density in square miles per person instead of he other way round.

I prefer this type of beach.

Richard.
08-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
Brilliant title and photo's to match!
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
"Give me lands lots of land under starry skies above......" I'm thinking I screwed up the lyrics but you get my drift. That is why we don't go to the beach in the summertime.
It certainly was wall to wall people that day.I couldn't even use the metal detector but if we go back on a Wed or Thurs-it should be pleasant.--charliezap
08-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just spent the weekend here at a local festival that was wall to wall people. Nice series.
08-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Wow Charlie, thats a lot of people! Looks like a kids paradise for sure. Nice colourful fun photos. I think I'll take my dogs out into the lonely woods now. Thank you so much for sharing your great weekend. (I love love love bonus days!!!)
QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
A great slice-of-life, Charlie. But too many people. Even though I live in the inner suburbs or a big city, around 4 million population, I prefer places where you count population density in square miles per person instead of he other way round.

I prefer this type of beach.

Richard.
Even without the telephoto effect it was a bit tight on the beach.If I go during the week I'll post some new shots for comparison.--charliezap
08-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent impression Charlie, love all the colours!!!
08-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Just spent the weekend here at a local festival that was wall to wall people. Nice series.
Sometimes Dave a lot of people around is a bummer especially if there are long lines to get something.--charliezap