Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Reflections on a small trout lake
Posted By: Fries, 08-05-2012, 01:45 PM

There where trout here. Big ones. In a bit bigger lake nearby I failed to catch possibly the biggest trout of my life. It came from the depths in the crystal clear water to my small wet fly and I got nervous. I jerked the fly right out of here mouth! All I have is this photo to remember me of this beautiful place. But ah, it was just a trout and I still have it's gps location!

Views: 1,614
08-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
What? Just a trout! It's never "Just A Trout", especially when flyfishing - almost all trout caught while flyfishing are trophies no matter what the size is; flyfishing is "art in motion" at it's best! Do you tie your own flies?

BTW: Great picture
Thanks Joe! I know what you mean and I value every trout caught and did get plenty of really nice fish. But sometimes you have to give that big one that got away a gentle nod in acknowledgement that the fish presented you with a almost perfect opportunity that was only squandered trough sheer lack of skills and my inability to hold my nerves in check. I just didn't deserve that fish; yet... And yes it wasn't just a trout. And to answer you question; no I'm almost never tying my one flies. Due to a small disability it takes me fare more time to do that and with a hectic job as a reporter plus some volunteering time is one thing I never seem to have enough of. I'm not a complete angler as a fly fishermen but I still enjoy the art of it; especially the subtle dry fly fishing. I really got a kick out of it when I was able to get trout on a dry fly this time without any sign of them rising.

Cheers,

Remco

08-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wonderful, Remco - I always look forward to your postings and this one is no exception.

Jer
08-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Wonderful, Remco - I always look forward to your postings and this one is no exception.

Jer
Thank you for your kind words Jer!

Remco