Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
NOM NOM NOM-panadas
Lens: Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4 Camera: Pentax K-r Photo Location: Madison, WI ISO: 200 
Posted By: msatlas, 08-05-2012, 01:49 PM

So I just got an FA 50/1.4 and wanted to play around with it some, so I brought it with me to the farmers market here in Madison, WI yesterday. It was kind of a gray day out but got these couple shots of myself, courtesy of my girlfriend, when we stopped for a snack.

(Random tech side note: from reading the reviews I went and got the Pentax dedicated hood for the 50/1.4 and also I double-checked focus accuracy and ended up with a -1 AF adjustment on my K-r.)

I just handed the camera to her, set it to f/2.2 and automatically picking the focus point. I suppose I got lucky with it being dead on the empanada in the first shot and my face in the second. I'm just laughing at the selective focus effects of myself stuffing my face with a scrambled egg, sausage & cheese empanada.

preparing empanada for delivery... | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

...and the payoff | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Views: 634