Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Good Eats
Lens: DA* 16-50 f/2.8 Camera: K20D 
Posted By: wtlwdwgn, 08-05-2012, 05:36 PM

Summertime and the grillin' is easy. I needed a bit more DOF but I can't go back now and reshoot!

Views: 1,082
08-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Now you've done it. I am so hungry. The corn looks really good. Did you grill it husk on? Hungry people have a need to know.
08-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Not this time. The store took most of the husk off. I put out a piece of aluminum foil, placed the ear, and added some butter, and then put it on the grill. Unfortunately it looked better than it tasted as it had dried out some.
08-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Looks delicious to me.......I put a little light on it to make sure it was "kosher"....and it was!
Attachment 137033

This was what I prepared tonight......
Ham steak with raisin sauce and steamed veggies......[IMG] [/IMG]

The complete meal.......you like okra? I know you would like the fruit salad....delicious!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Your food looks great, maybe we can make a deal...let's cook for each other every other night...that way I can get a break from slaving over a hot stove all afternoon every day and still get a great meal!

Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 02-15-2014 at 08:26 AM.
08-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Looks good and I wish I could join you guys. Well maybe not Rupert. He and I have some very different ideas of what makes for "good eats" lol. But that first plate looks great. Wish I could go there but my tooth is aching and it's coming out on Weds most likely so I'll be on shakes or something like for the rest of the week at least, maybe a couple of weeks till the mouth heals. Corn on the cob is definitely OUT of the picture for a while, sigh...

Speaking of "Good Eats" are you guys devotees of the show? Best cooking show ever. Brown just makes me laugh. I've seen most of them I think. I don't watch it religiously. But I catch it now and again when I'm bored. Not lately. I'm too busy to watch too much TV of late...
08-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Well maybe not Rupert. He and I have some very different ideas of what makes for "good eats"
Funny, you never seem to complain when I post shots of my Possum Salad sandwiches.....maybe I need to get on the "wild side" for you more often?
I have a new gourmet menu item called "Armadillo Doin's" ...does that interest you? Comes in its own shell!
Regards!
08-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Rupert have mercy will you? I'm already nauseous from taking antibiotics and pain killers because of my bad tooth. Possom on a plate I don't need to see about now. Might barf on the keyboard... :P

08-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Sorry Mag...how about some filet and a good old fashioned 'Steak and Potatoes" meal?
[IMG] [/IMG]

Steve....It was your turn to cook tonight! I waited and waited, but finally gave in and cooked this up. You owe me!

Best Regards!
08-08-2012, 03:10 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I can't eat it right now but I appreciate the thought, lol. Is that a bacon wrapped filet? Looks decent. I wish. I'm eating mush and applesauce right now mostly. You can keep the broccoli though I'd definitely eat the steak and taters if I could but I'm allergic to the green stuff, no can do, remember? That stuff would put me straight into the ER...
08-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Mag, I guess I am very fortunate in having a high tolerance for anything that is dead.....or moving slow......if it fits those criteria I can eat it without a problem.
Regards!

See if you can handle this? Mrs Rupert is a chocoholic, I like my fruit plate without chocolate.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Steve.....hey, you cookin' tonight? It's your turn! I need a break from the hot kitchen!
08-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
See if you can handle this? Mrs Rupert is a chocoholic, I like my fruit plate without chocolate.
That looks just YUMMY. I think I like Mrs Rupert's idea of a fruit plate. :P Actually I'm a major Nutella person when it comes to my fruit. I have to limit how much I eat. Too easy to eat the whole darned jar, but I just love a tablespoon full with Strawberries or Bananas. My favorite way to eat fruit is actually in crepes with ice cream, but for obvious reasons I can't do that one very often. I like most berries in them, bananas, and peaches. This one place I used to work at in CA they had a crepe place round the corner. They made a peach and almond crepe that was just out of this world. I miss that place. I love crepes of all kinds. They just don't have them here and I'm really lousy at making crepe batter apparently. I've tried the prepared ones you can find in the fruit section but they're kind of meh...
08-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I like my fruit plates with lots of nuts and no chocolate. I'm not too much on sweets very often.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Where the heck is Steve? If he doesn't show up soon, I'm going to have to go to the store and then come back and start dinner......maybe he is mad because we stole his thread? If he turns me in to the Mods, I will have more time to cook and can't post if I am banned......maybe that is his plan...to let me do all the cooking? Pretty damn sneaky Steve! I wouldn't do that to you!

Best Regards!
08-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Red peppers in the beans? You Texan you, lol. Are those potato balls? They look kind of interesting. I don't think I've seen them done like that before. Rupert, eating "light" at your house I'd gain 25lbs in a month. All those sauces and all that Cool Whip? That's way too many cals for me. I have to starve my arse normally to keep it relatively trim. Forget when I am actually on a diet. I just don't know how you do it. Eat that and actually lose weight. If I tried that I'd be rolling around. You folks must walk it all off or something?

The fruit plate alone for a meal maybe but the rest? Uhuh. Way over my calorie budget unless it was my "cheat" day. I could not physically eat that much actually no matter how healthy it is. My stomach is pretty small. I can't eat more than a cup or so of food at a time. Never could. If it wasn't for the wonky thyroid thing I'd be skinny. But now hormones or no hormones I eat like a bird and still gain weight if I am not careful.

Those plates most people eat salad on? That's my idea of a full plate usually. My folks they like to do one of those $10 all you can eat buffets sometimes? It's totally wasted on me. I just cannot make it worth the $10. One little plate and I'm DONE. My supper tonight was a good bowl of homemade Tuscan Chowder and a little piece of nice bread with a little butter. That's it and I'm stuffed...

Last edited by magkelly; 08-08-2012 at 06:16 PM.