Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Magic Stick
Lens: Sigma 500/F4.5 Camera: Pentax K5 
Posted By: kengoh, 08-06-2012, 06:57 AM

Got this magic stick where several birds love to perch.

#1 Pied Fan Tailed

#2 Brown Throated Sunbird (female)

#3 Oriental White Eye

Got other birds like Racket-Tailed Treepie and bulbuls also perched at this stick too.
Was shooting happily until this fellow came.

Naturally all birds gone!
Thanks for viewing.
Views: 1,037
08-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not to take anything from your birds Ken, they are always wonderful but that is one awesome snake shot.
08-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

As ever Ken excellent work.

Tom G
08-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

We have a little black snake here that's been scaring away our birdies too of late. He's living under the porch near our mailbox in a little garden I made there. Long skinny little black thing, probably an Eastern Racer. The roommate won't go near the mailbox, wants me to call someone to come and get him out of there. (I won't, lol, because he's not toxic. He's not bugging anyone. He scurries away when you so much as look at him. It's my freakin house and I say he can stay in my garden if he wants to!) Which is funny because my roommate though female is tall, extremely fit, and could probably kick my combat trained brother's arse if she put her mind to it.

The woman is an amazon compared to me, always has been, used to lift weights and stuff even when we were kids, but she's terrified of a harmless little black snake. The roommate that left, the guy? Same deal. Total wimp when it comes to that. I'm not crazy enough to take on a rattle snake or something like but a little black racer is nothing. I am only sorry that I scare him away sometimes when I go out to check the mail. That little guy is cute. What kind is he? Do you know? I like the birds too. We don't often see the colorful ones around here...

08-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can I borrow your stick - please?