Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Sacred Spaces (series)
Posted By: tessfully, 08-07-2012, 05:13 PM

I went for an early morning paddle a couple of weeks ago. The light was so beautiful and I was overwhelmed by the gorgeous reflections. Here are a few photos of my journey. I also made a video to music. I am not sure about the quality. It was a learning experience.

The sunrise that beckoned

Off I go (after procrastinating with a cup of coffee while watching the light change)

around the corner

so much beauty

underwater mysteries

looking back at our campsite

and for anyone who might be interested, a 2.40 second video of images set to Daniel Lanois', White Mustang

thank you for looking
Views: 1,469
08-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not only are all the images just beautiful, I always like the way you take us on a little journey with your commentary with the photos.

I must say that #2 is my favorite - such beautiful subtle colors with the image showing great depth with just the bow of the canoe - well done!

08-09-2012, 04:53 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Beautiful series again Tess. Norm has his work cut out keeping up with you. The first one blew me away. The underwater mysteries and the waterlily shots were excellent. The video was also fun to watch but I wanted to put it on a DVD and pop into my disc player so I could watch it on TV. You even included one of the dogs who posed perfectly for you. Thanks for sharing these.
Thank you so much Susan! I never take Norman's photography for granted. As soon as I do he blows me away with a shot... like the first Killaloe Village image yesterday. But, his eye has shifted, seeing more how I see and vise versa, so we are a good match! I am not sure how to share videos other than on You Tube. The file itself is so big. I am very happy you enjoyed the ride!!! Thanks as always for your wonderful comments.

QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
I really like the subtile treatment of the first shot. The colors are nice and soft and the mist adds a touch of mystique.
Thank you Fries! It was one of those shots where less was better. Other than a little saturation to bring out the sliver of colour, not much else could be done.

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
A beautiful series, Tess - the first one especially deserves a spot on the wall (even if you have to kick some of Norm's shots out the way to make room )...

Jim
Thank you Jim...I am looking around right now trying to figure out which one to move!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Well done, as always, tess. I especially enjoyed "Underwater Mysteries."

Jer
Thanks Jer... that one blows me away too. I saw it while sitting in the boat and wondered if it were possible to shoot. So glad you liked it!!

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Not only are all the images just beautiful, I always like the way you take us on a little journey with your commentary with the photos.

I must say that #2 is my favorite - such beautiful subtle colors with the image showing great depth with just the bow of the canoe - well done!
Thank you so much stormtech! I am so happy to read that you felt a sense of journey... I was hoping people could feel and see what I saw along the way.

Thank you everyone for such inspiring comments