Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Tornado watch in Ma.Here we go again.
Lens: 18-250 Pentax Camera: k5 Photo Location: Saugus Ma 
Posted By: charliezap, 08-10-2012, 02:10 PM

Never in my life have I seen so many tornado watches and warnings.Global warming is a myth, yeah right.Hook echos minutes ago were in Ct and moving into Ma.Batten down the hatches-Yikes.--charliezap

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 1,087
08-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Just heard---100's of trees down in Gastonbury Ct.
08-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's ridiculous Charlie, you'll have to move to Oklahoma to get away from the tornadoes, do you or others generally have basements in their homes?
08-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
That's ridiculous Charlie, you'll have to move to Oklahoma to get away from the tornadoes, do you or others generally have basements in their homes?
Most homes like mine have basements.The back of my home is level with the yard but the front is 6ft under the ground level.The weather channel said minutes ago that the storm front is less than an hour from the Boston area.That's all that they are talking about right now on the Weather Channel. My camera is ready Bob.--charliezap

08-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Most homes like mine have basements.The back of my home is level with the yard but the front is 6ft under the ground level.The weather channel said minutes ago that the storm front is less than an hour from the Boston area.That's all that they are talking about right now on the Weather Channel. My camera is ready Bob.--charliezap
I've got the WC on now, looks like a couple nasty cells up your way. You will use weather resistant equipment right?Good luck buddy, it is sprinkling in Montana
08-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Capn - pretty crazy stuff for sure. I grew up in Southern Illinois, where tornado watches were so common they were ignored. I wonder whether with climate changes we're seeing a new New England, weather wise.

Back in the day in the hinterlands I inhabited, we relied on tall antennae to capture signals (sporadically) coming from TV stations in St. Louis. These things had some value beyond periodic TV reception; my father-in-law, among others, would climb his antenna with an 8-mm movie camera to film a passing tornado - again, crazy stuff.

Jer
08-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Since June 11 I have never heard so many Tornado watches or warnings on my entire life living in the area (Easthampton MA (above Springfield in the Picture) & Vernon Ct (where the end of Hartford D is in the Picture) lucky for us today just rain - good luck out east guys.

08-11-2012, 06:17 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Since June 11 I have never heard so many Tornado watches or warnings on my entire life living in the area (Easthampton MA (above Springfield in the Picture) & Vernon Ct (where the end of Hartford D is in the Picture) lucky for us today just rain - good luck out east guys.
It looks like this is becoming the norm lately Pat especially in these parts.We got about 1" of rain yesterday but no wind to speak of.One more day of storms to get through today.--charliezap
08-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #9
Veteran Member

For sure- we got lucky this afternoon with only a small batch of rain but there was some storms all around us. I may have to actually mow the grass aka- clumps of green around the brown spots
08-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Skip the picture taking and stay inside. Those rascals are nothing you want to die for.