Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Some pics of my old toy
Posted By: RichardS, 08-13-2012, 01:57 AM

I posted some pics of my 'new' very red Saab on 2012-06-19 https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/189891-machinery-some-pics-my-new-toy.html and since then we've done two trips to spend some time with my mother-in-law. It's about a 9 to 10 hour drive each way to where she's living these days, so I've been having fun. I thought it was time to show some respect to my old toy, a 1989 900 Aero/SPG that's done 310,000km.

I've owned this car for 13 years and it's mostly been used for long trips. For several years we drove to visit my mother-in-law every Christmas when she lived in QLD (1,800km/1,250miles) each way. Apart from about 400km of divided highway, most of this trip is ordinary 2 lane road, so there are many opportunities to drop it back into 4th or 3rd and plant the foot to overtake B-Doubles and road trains. It seems that some cars like this sort of driving and my old girl is still going strong. I got 8L/100km (29.4mpg US/35.3mpg imp) on the last long trip in March. I have never needed to add oil between annual services. The old girl deserves some respect

It was the middle of winter and a dull day in spite of a brief period of weak sunshine.

That wing is just so sexy And the wheels? Classics.

Saab had headlight washer/wipers 23 years ago, at least, and these still work.

Quality leather.

I had to get some work done on the driver's seat

Richard.
Views: 2,127
08-17-2012, 02:49 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Saab???!!!....Not my idea of the ideal motor car.....BUT.... being a motoring enthusiast, I can recognize another one, so congratulations on your Saab experience, & if I am able to obtain the same "value" & enjoyment from my current car, I will be very happy.
So, fellow enthusiast, I congratulate you...Having said that, I just have to say that your car does not have enough cylinders for me!!!!.....ya gotta have 8!!....My current car is an AMG C63.....which wifey & I really enjoy...just like you enjoy your Saab!
From one enthusiast to another.....ENJOY.
Cheers, Pickles.

08-17-2012, 05:55 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
She looks great for an '89 obviously taken care of.
08-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pickles Quote
Saab???!!!....Not my idea of the ideal motor car.....BUT.... being a motoring enthusiast, I can recognize another one, so congratulations on your Saab experience, & if I am able to obtain the same "value" & enjoyment from my current car, I will be very happy.
So, fellow enthusiast, I congratulate you...Having said that, I just have to say that your car does not have enough cylinders for me!!!!.....ya gotta have 8!!....My current car is an AMG C63.....which wifey & I really enjoy...just like you enjoy your Saab!
From one enthusiast to another.....ENJOY.
Cheers, Pickles.
Thanks, Pickles. Very nice noise those C63 AMGs make. But the cost ... Aaaagh

I paid cash for this one.

Richard.
08-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
She looks great for an '89 obviously taken care of.
Thanks, Dave.

Richard.