Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Statues, Trees and Buildings and a Smile (56k.. go bake a cake :))
Posted By: quickpix, 01-29-2008, 12:10 PM

It was warm(well.. not as cold) last Saturday and Sunday so I took the K10D out to see how it handles the cold. It did very well and Im happy w/ the K10D's performance(minus the noise issue I mentioned in the DSLR discussion thread ). Anyways, heres the pix:

1. Walk This Way

2. Cold and Isolated

3. Lady of The Night

4. Lady of The Night V2

5. Winnipeg Sunset

6. Play!

7. Winnipeg Skyline

8. Light and Darkness of Winter

9. Winnipeg Golden Boy

10. Assiniboine Park Building

11. Sigma Bokeh!

Views: 1,622
01-30-2008, 04:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

In many of those shots you've done a great job of contrasting very warm and very cold colours and it works a treat. I particularly like number 4 for this reason. Also, the isosceles triangle of red apexes (the flag and the two jackets) in number 10 was inspired! -- mimics the triangles in the tower roof and the gables. (or was I seeing something that wasn't there!)

Those were my favourites but the others are good, the only one that didn't grab me was the Winnipeg skyline... tighter crop maybe? Pretty city, nevertheless.
01-30-2008, 04:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shtos , I really like the first 5. #6 not so much (from an interesting perspective but that is totally subjective) 7 I agree with G M Fude a closer view or tighter crop. I like 9 , 10 could be better I think without the people and the last nice bokeh but does nothing for me.

Glad you were able to get out of the deep freeze !