Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
New lens 'test shot' shots...
Posted By: Sagitta, 08-17-2012, 12:19 AM

I was messing with Lightroom's filters and realized I could post a quick breakdown of right around that that 'first shot' each time I added a lens to my kit. Each of these shots was taken within a day of getting the new lens.

Starting off, my da18-55, came with the K-x. Took me a day or two to get back in the swing of SLR shooting, and this was one of the results from my first real walkabout with the thing.

The next lens I added was the Sigma 70-300 DL Macro Super. It took me a bit to realize just how nice that lens was for close up shots, so spent a lot of time shooting things the lens probably isn't really built for, like sunsets. This was taken the first night or so I had it.

Next up was the addition of my first Sears 50mm f/1.7. This was literally the third shot for me from the lens, and my first real tackling of pure manual focus with the K-x.

It was back to autofocus as I added the FA 28-90mm to my bag. Best sleeper lens I've picked up so far considering how raunchy the thing's reputation seems to be.

Next came the Sears 135 f/2.8 non-macro version. Honestly, I couldn't figure out what to do with this lens for a long time. Then, once I did figure it out, I promptly added the glow-y macro version of the thing which pretty much renders this lens as extra to my needs.

Then came my Sears 75-260mm. Really a hard lens to find, which is a shame, because it's absolutely amazing to use and cranks out consistantly gorgeous photos for me as long as I avoid using it at the long end.

Finally the Auto Sears 28mm f/2.8 macro. Its nothing amazing, but it can get some pretty interesting results.

Not mentioned (yet) due to my giving up for the night on plowing through Lightroom and/or not having a camera to use them on anymore:
  • Sears 50mm f/1.7 with the 49mm threads that actually may outperform my abovelisted 50mm with its 52mm threads. It has a closer minimal focus distance and seems as sharp if nnot sharper than the 52mm threaded lens.
  • Sears 135mm f/2.8 macro. So glowy....
  • Sears 28-70mm macro (no camera!)
  • Sears 70-210mm macro(no camera!)
You may see a pattern developing... I've been deliberately collecting Sears glass just because its kind of fun to do.
Views: 950
08-17-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Interesting set of images and beautiful to boot. Your learning curve for your new lenses was very short. Nicely done.