Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Outdoor portraits with my gf
Posted By: krypticide, 01-29-2008, 12:47 PM

Any feedback would be helpful, thanks! More shots at my Flickr page.

Rainy Day Portraits - a photoset on Flickr

Took a break during recent rains to take some shots. Luckily the K10D is weatherproof, but I still put a bag over the 18-250mm lens.

Views: 2,962
01-29-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Andy,

#2 is a very nice photograph,
# 1 is to me not very interesting.
Now # 3 would look better in a vertical crop, cropped tight to the left side. For the same reason a horizontal crop can work but with the head turned this way the model has to be in the left third. By doing that you give the eyes some room to look some where. The way it is it looks like she is looking against a wall.

Take care, Heinrich
01-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I'm surprised you chose those 3 as your highlights as I found this one more interesting

She's a real standout amoung that backdrop because it's just busy enough to where all attention gets focused on your gf.
01-29-2008, 05:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback. It's good to get perspective:

I agree about #3, it'd be better if she were looking to the left. As for the other picture posted, I didn't think it would be as nice due to the somewhat dark and busy background, but I can see how it's busy enough that it actually focuses attention onto the subject.