Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Costa Rica (many pics)
Posted By: crewl1, 08-20-2012, 09:08 PM

Costa Rica was wonderful, I can see why Daacon loves it so much. (Thanks for the travel tips Dave!)
We stayed in beautiful Guanacaste province, on the Northwest coast. One week was not enough time to see everything that Costa Rica has to offer, every view seems more beautiful than the next.
This is the rainy season in Costa Rica but the area is the driest of the country so we only experienced a short warm rainstorm each day.
I took WR lenses with the K-5 in anticipation and I'm glad I did.
We are hoping to return some day. I mainly used the DA*300 or 18-135 on the trip, here are some shots.

Typical sunset

Green iguana on a bush

Steely Vented Hummingbird

Howler monkey

Yellow Crowned Night Heron

We were fortunate to experience a mass nesting of Ridley sea turtles one night, but lights are forbidden so the best I could get was with the guide's red LED which made it impossible to focus..
There are hundreds of turtles digging nests all around us during this shot, we had to keep moving out of their way as they came up out of the ocean and made their way back.

Otis' Costa Rican cousin

The nightly light show

Views: 1,569
08-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Just put Costa Rica on our bucket list. Lots of good shots here and it has me drooling (not a pretty sight). Thanks for sharing your vacation.
Thanks, it is definitely something any nature lover has to experience.

08-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
a magical tropical paradise... a dream for us shutterbugs... superb series.. dave m
Thanks Dave, yes it truly is magical.