Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Slow Change
Lens: Da15 ltd Camera: Pentax K5 ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: disco_owner, 08-21-2012, 04:47 PM

So Many Technical issues that I seemed to have overlooked. Light was changing as I was trying to capture every bit of it before it got too Dark . The further I shot into the dusk more & more I seemed to realise that I need to go back to basics.When the Right hand Column of the Bridge was brought into Focus I switched back to Manual and used the same plane to take all 9 shots. parts of the image were soft in focus , tried using Liveview to get a better results in DOF and better hyperfocal focus across the whole frame but didn't quite succeed. This is the best I could come up with. No Filter used with this image

Please feel free to throw any comments or any advice. I appreciate your Feedback

Last edited by disco_owner; 08-21-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Views: 779
08-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A lovely image. Thanks for sharing.
08-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Long exposures and a panoramic image to boot? Stop beating yourself up, this is a great pic and your composition just draws the eye really well. I love the surreal feel of the foreground.
08-24-2012, 03:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dice Quote
A lovely image. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for your comments.

QuoteOriginally posted by deaning Quote
Long exposures and a panoramic image to boot? Stop beating yourself up, this is a great pic and your composition just draws the eye really well. I love the surreal feel of the foreground.
Thanks Deaning. Much appreciate the encouraging words and comments.

08-24-2012, 06:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice lighting. Lovely composition. Nothing here not to like.
08-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

fine composition... those magical hours at dusk.... dave m
08-26-2012, 03:53 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Everyone for the Really ecouraging words , I appreciate it a lot

For some reason the Quality of the Image Drops off a lot with photobucket where I originally hosted my image of Wharf No:5 even thou I'm uploading them at the same file size. I uploaded same version of the image to Flickr. huge differece. see for yourself