Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Butterflies-Bees-Bugs coming in droves now.
Posted By: charliezap, 08-22-2012, 07:42 AM

I tried a little experiment with my hummingbird nectar.I put several drops on 4 flowers in the yard and in 15 minutes it was a feeding frenzy.I could get as close as I wanted and they didn't care at all.I bought the solution at Lowe's and it is "Hummingbird Nectar Concentrate".It is sugar-protein-fiber-and fat.Give it a try.I was outside taking shot after shot just like being a kid in a candy store.--charliezap

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 2,115
08-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Well done Charlie. Sharp and the colors are incredible. Who knew you could entice them with hummingbird food.
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Capn, you're certainly nailing those guys well. Great job, buddy.

Jer
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Wow that must be crack for bugs ! Can't believe the butterfly and bees share the same the flower.
Summer is winding down so I guess everyone is coming to the nectar banquet.--charliezap