Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
What If?
Lens: Tamron SP Di AF 90mm 1:2.8 Macro 1:1 Camera: K20D Photo Location: USA ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: Venturi, 08-24-2012, 07:57 PM

What If? by kodafixed

For those that have "singles" have you ever wondered what life would be like if you had been blessed with twins?

Last edited by Venturi; 09-01-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Views: 871
08-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You have used a good eye for DOF that really makes the subjects pop, nice!
08-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks. I had the two shots of Aaron side-by-side in LR and decided to merge them into a composite.

I showed it to my wife and she immediately said "Ohh, how precious." and then not 10 seconds later added "Okay, now I'm a little horrified thinking about that."
08-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
nice shot. children 1 at a time in more than enough. thank goodness the world of photography can let us experiment with twindom. real life would be overwhelming

08-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Speaking as a twin, my mother always said that once the diaper stage was over with having twins was fantastic because me and my sister were able to entertain each other.
08-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful shot that made me smile. Thanks - I needed that.

Jer
08-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
Thanks. I had the two shots of Aaron side-by-side in LR and decided to merge them into a composite.

I showed it to my wife and she immediately said "Ohh, how precious." and then not 10 seconds later added "Okay, now I'm a little horrified thinking about that."
QuoteOriginally posted by Scottnorwo Quote
nice shot. children 1 at a time in more than enough. thank goodness the world of photography can let us experiment with twindom. real life would be overwhelming

I think you guys are just worried about the fear of the unknown.

As the father of triplets ("Irish quads" actually - with another born less than a year later), I can tell you it's all do-able. You just change up your priorities "a little bit", and it's worth every minute of it.

Jim - I like your "blessed with twins" line. Having multiples, I know most people look at it as a "curse", when it's really the opposite.
And I love the shot, by the way. Excellent pp work - No matter how hard I look I can't tell they're "merged".

Tim

08-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks again, everybody. The grass + f/2.8 really helped the blending and I was rather tickled with how this cleaned up.

Tim, I can't even imagine. Does work keep you on the road?
Seriously, hats off to you, and especially your wife. Now that you're out of the diaper zone it's gotta be quite entertaining; and boy howdy will they ever be a force to be reckoned with when they get older.
08-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
Thanks again, everybody. The grass + f/2.8 really helped the blending and I was rather tickled with how this cleaned up.

Tim, I can't even imagine. Does work keep you on the road?
Seriously, hats off to you, and especially your wife. Now that you're out of the diaper zone it's gotta be quite entertaining; and boy howdy will they ever be a force to be reckoned with when they get older.
Thanks Jim. Actually we're well past that stage. Last week I spent a good chunk of time getting two of the three off to their first year of college - in two different states! I help the third one move to the the third different college & state this Saturday (why couldn't ANYBODY pick a school in Minnesota?) and then we'll be down to ONE left in the house next week. Now THAT will be weird!!!!

Anyway - Now we're getting WAY off the topic of your nice pic, so....

Tim