Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
getting it...
Posted By: JrPentax, 01-31-2008, 04:57 AM

I know there must be a reason why things are posted here as opposed to the gallery...

but i just dont know why...

i have put a couple of pics in my user gallery today and would LOVE it if some folks would comment on them...

User Photo Gallery - Uploads Posted By JrPentax

if its better to put the pictures directley here then i shall, just let me know

thanks
Views: 1,605
01-31-2008, 06:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My Take is as follows:

Here is where you have pictures to share with everyone. Pictures you like and want some general comments on.

Pictures you want critiques on , you shoud post in the Photo Critique - PentaxForums.com - be prepeared most people are honest and will indeed point out the flaws - it is not a slam on your photography skills, just very exepreinced peoples take on what is wrong with that photo - honest critiques.

The Photogallery is for you all time favorites - pictures you love. Also the Photogallery can be a place to hold your picutres in the event you run of of attachment space (if that is case consider being a site supporter )

You can also link (using the square icon wth the moutain on it) to your photos in the gallery to show up here. This is what you should do. For example I will link the the one I like the best from your gallery here.

[IMGWIDEleft]https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/4991/1_sunrise31jan-40.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

I like your gallery and yes indeed keep on posting ! Hope that was helpful.

Last edited by daacon; 01-31-2008 at 06:58 AM.
01-31-2008, 08:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I believe people post photos to display their works and the workings of their mind.

Every photo is subject to people's interpretation and filtered through their personal experience so you will get comments, pro or con. Strokes are good, critiques are also good. Neither is damaging and I find both views helpful in working on my photography skills.

IMHO after all we are about improvement and learning or most of us wouldn't be cruising this forum.
01-31-2008, 08:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

altho it seems very hard to actually get people to criticize your work.. 51 views no one said a word!

01-31-2008, 10:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
altho it seems very hard to actually get people to criticize your work.. 51 views no one said a word!
I think more technical critiques are in the Photo Critique forum - some pople comment here as well with technical suggestions , but as you said alude to most are of the "nice shot" variety ...I offer suggestions sometimes , but mostly comment that I like it . my $0.02
02-01-2008, 01:03 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
so if nobody comments that they like it - then nobody likes it ? LOL

no i get it a bit better now -
the gallery is to just put your pictures
the post your photos is where you show off
the critique is where you activly ask people to bag you out in the hope of learning more

:-)

/me is off to the critque forum :-)

no honestly all critique is good for me - i need to know the WRONGS as well as the RIGHTS

i think i need critique more then anything else... sure i HOPE people will comment that they like them - and i even sent one of my friends a larger version so he could use it as his desktop background so i must have done something right... :-) but from 1000 shots i got 4 i like enough to upload :-)