Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Boring but I am Photo Opt Challenged
Posted By: daacon, 01-31-2008, 03:30 PM

Recent weather while getting better still not good enough to go out and about - so here's he is my feeble attempt to satisfy today’s urge

What is it ? Let's add supreme cold, moisture, condensation and poor insulation....
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2290/2233693746_ca82517fea_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

What our bathroom window looks like when it gets this cold for this long...
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2291/2232904939_02e09af3dd_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

And yep that ice is on the inside of the window- someone needs to replace some seals.. or move south
Views: 2,843
02-01-2008, 08:01 AM   #16
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I feel for you guys freezing yer butts off in the west. Here we just had 3 days of ice that knocked out the power across Prince Edward Island. Did I get any pictures? Nope. Too darn busy trying to keep the house warm and clear the busted trees. Couldn't get out of the driveway with all the damage. Mix an ice storm with -14C and it's a fun challenge.

But CBC had a decent photo gallery of some of the damage:

CBC.ca News - Canada - Photo Gallery

Attachment 8090

Last edited by Peter Zack; 02-18-2008 at 09:31 AM.
02-01-2008, 08:11 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I feel for you guys freezing yer butts off in the west. Here we just had 3 days of ice that knocked out the power across Prince Edward Island. Did I get any pictures? Nope. Too darn busy trying to keep the house warm and clear the busted trees. Couldn't get out of the driveway with all the damage. Mix an ice storm with -14C and it's a fun challenge.
But CBC had a decent photo gallery of some of the damage:

I saw that on the news - Ugly for sure - I experienced an Ice Strom years ago when I lived in Montreal. While it is pretty to look at (ice over power lines, tree limbs ,etc ..) As you are all too familiar with, it does cause havoc with the residents ! Hope all is well there.
02-01-2008, 08:36 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GWP Quote
Mexico eh? Very nice.
Do we get to see the photos of "what happens in Mexico stays in Mexico"...?
Have a great trip.
Thanks Grant , Haha that was the Vegas trip we made in October while I posted a few pics from there some moments were better left 'un-recorded' I am hoping Mexico will be both relaxing and a lot of new phot opps , really looking forward to it.

QuoteOriginally posted by dantuyhoa Quote
Hm.. It's COLD .. 39 F here in California
I work with a lot of Californians - my motto is you guys don't have weather per say (at least the southern part) but natural diasters to deal with.

QuoteOriginally posted by deckroid Quote
Oh... that's just mean! lol... I'd send a pic of frozen stuff too, but am camera-less right now.
Bummer !

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Nothing is really too boring to take a photo of. The more boring something appears, the greater the challenge one finds in pulling something out of it. I am reminded of hearing an interview with John Mellencamp when he was remarking on other songwriters saying they couldn't find anything to write about. He said, "Look out your window. How could you not find something to write about?" Same goes for photography.
[
Good point Mike - since I have gotten more into photography I do find myself seeing the extraordinary in what I would have not given a second look at before

QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
<snip>It's warming slowly Dave, up to -26 at my place this morning where I woke up to a flat tire on my car. Thank the lord my old pick-up truck fired up despite not having been run in a month and not having a block heater. I'll have to move the car into the garage over the weekend and change out that tire.....or...just go take some pictures and use the truck till spring....
Thanks Scott - bummer about the tire but like a good Boy Scout nice to see you were prepared with a spare means of transportation.

QuoteOriginally posted by leadbelly Quote
Wow, here in the Philippines, its hot as heck!!! Little photo ops, but because of the opposite reasons... scorching sun, suffocating heat, with no clouds in sight! And when the sun comes down, the traffic is horrendous and the pollution is terrible!
Yuck given the choice I'll take the cold !

QuoteOriginally posted by Keith Quote
It's 01.15am in the morning and I have no shirt on and thinking it is getting rather cold at 18.2 degrees C (65F) .... I guess it aint cold at all ...lol
cheers
Keith
Glad I could help you think again Keith

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
You guys should take some of that camera money and get some storm windows...lol
Bite your tongue !!!
02-01-2008, 08:40 AM   #19
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Things are more or less back to normal but we had almost 3 days of no power and the whole place just shut down. Lucky here with a wood stove though. Lots of people had to go to shelters. It was beautiful in some ways and I'm kicking myself for not spending some time with the camera, but ah priorities... my wife just gave me that 'you've got to be kidding' me look when I picked up the camera....

As for Grant, thanks I needed that. [insert sarcasim]