Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First batch of photos w/ new K10D
Posted By: paden501, 01-31-2008, 08:45 PM

Ok here's the first set of photos that I took with my new K10D!!! It was just delivered this morning so I haven't had much of a chance to play with it. My battery grip is due in tomorrow!

1.) This is the first shot I took. Unfortunately I was so excited that I slapped on my FA 50/1.4 and fired off a burst of shots of my work buddy w/o even thinking about changing to RAW or about what was on my memory card. It turns out that the card had photos from my DL so the numbering got all screwed up but oh well.

Here it is:

After work I took the new piece over to my Fiancee's house for some dinner. Here's what was on the menu:

Then we settled down for a movie and I took some low-light shots. Here are a few at ISO 800 and ISO 400 respectively:

I also took a few w/ ISO 1600 and I could see faint vertical banding noise (as was expected) so no maracles there. But all-in-all I'm very happy with the image quality that I got. I also can't tell if SR is doing me any good or not. As you can see from the last shot that everything isn't tack sharp... but I was shooting hand-held vertical (w/ no grip) at 1/8s so what can you really expect right?
Views: 1,419
02-01-2008, 04:16 PM   #2

Original Poster
I just want to let you all know that this thing is off the hook!!! My BG-2, spare battery and two convertable shoot-thru/bounce umbrellas just came in from B&H and I'm PUMPED!! I'll have some shots up later tonight. I'm going crazy here.

This thing is so much more camera than my DL!
02-01-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paden501 Quote
I'm going crazy here.
behave on the road... not sure if that freezing rain is over right now.
02-01-2008, 04:36 PM   #4

Original Poster
Yeah we had some pretty rediculous freezing rain this morning... getting to work was a real treat to say the least. But it hasn't been bad this evening thus far.