Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
Post Your Avatar as it looks today
Lens: Sigma APO 10-20 F4-5.6 EX DC Camera: K7D 
Posted By: Lowell Goudge, 09-06-2012, 11:41 AM

How many of us have picked an avatar that is something we have, or had, and took a photo of?

Mine was my first car that I bought myself, which I had fixed and restored in the late 1970's but sold in 1984 to pay for more important things, and due to lack of storage space.

I happened across it on labor day weekend, not just the same model, but the actual car.

here it is almost 30 years later

let's see what other's avatars look like today

Edit note
i've changed the title

Last edited by Lowell Goudge; 09-06-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Views: 1,688
09-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine is me falling off a rock, 7/08. I had just handed the camera to my wife. DS, kit lens at 33mm, f8, 1/125, ISO 200.

I look pretty much the same now, though I'm 50 pounds lighter.
09-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Taken with my K100D and Sigma 70-300mm Macro non DG APO first in flight bird. First shot I got into PPG, why I choose it as my avatar.

09-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
Mine is me falling off a rock, 7/08. I had just handed the camera to my wife. DS, kit lens at 33mm, f8, 1/125, ISO 200.
I look pretty much the same now, though I'm 50 pounds lighter.
so dave, do you look better today, that was kind of my idea, what does your avatar (in your case you) look like today, falling off a rock?

09-06-2012, 01:03 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Mine is my cat Snickers playing around. It's an early shot when I first got my K-r and was just beginning to learn photography. I use it because I have 13 cats and people call me the "Crazy Cat Lady" for some reason.

09-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Mine is my cat Snickers playing around. It's an early shot when I first got my K-r and was just beginning to learn photography. I use it because I have 13 cats and people call me the "Crazy Cat Lady" for some reason.
so what does snickers look like today? Maybe I should have made the initial post clearer, Our pets, ourselves, our kids, and many things we owned and used as avatar have grown, changed etc. that was the real idea, not post full size of your avatar, but to post the same subject as they look today
09-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Mine is my best friend Kelly who I love dearly. Sadly Ive not got my avatar pic on my laptop, but this is her too....

09-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #8
Pentaxian

I remember this day like it was yesterday.I took this shot not many months after I got my first Pentax camera.The day was Sunday March 5th 2006 at around 4:30 in the afternoon.The sky was bright blue and the moon was really standing out against the sky.That day there were many planes high in the sky with contrails and I waited patiently with hopes that one would fly close to the moon.The lens that I was using was the Quantaray 55-300mm lens.That's half the story.I submitted the shot to Parade Magazine which was a supplement to many Sunday newspapers across the country and to my surprise it was picked picture of the week with a $100 prize to boot.Sometimes luck is a great part of capturing that certain shot.---charliezap
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo 
09-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
so what does snickers look like today? Maybe I should have made the initial post clearer, Our pets, ourselves, our kids, and many things we owned and used as avatar have grown, changed etc. that was the real idea, not post full size of your avatar, but to post the same subject as they look today
Oh sorry! I'm a bit dense. Here's a recent shot of Snickers from a few days ago.

09-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by westmill Quote
Mine is my best friend Kelly who I love dearly. Sadly Ive not got my avatar pic on my laptop, but this is her too....
nice shot, don't worry about the avatar, when you are logged in you see it so you can see the difference.
09-06-2012, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Oh sorry! I'm a bit dense. Here's a recent shot of Snickers from a few days ago.
i see graduated from balls to camera gear. that can get costly, especially if you leave the strap hanging off a counter
09-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
i see graduated from balls to camera gear. that can get costly, especially if you leave the strap hanging off a counter
I have to be very careful about that sort of thing!
09-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Well, I haven't seen my avatar since I shot that one. I have upgraded my equipment to a K-x and a longer lens, and have shot more BIFs since that day.
09-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
Well, I haven't seen my avatar since I shot that one. I have upgraded my equipment to a K-x and a longer lens, and have shot more BIFs since that day.
sounds like a mission then
09-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I must get a new avatar, the current one is a crop of a macro shot of this cute tree-frog I found on our patio. I found it couple days ago on our welcome-mat, outside the front door, missing it`s head. The cat got a hold of it and brought it home as a trophy.
I knew I should have taken picture of it, too late now.