Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
A Few RAPE Shots.
Lens: Rokinon 8mm Camera: K10D Photo Location: Mt Barker West Australia ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: deaning, 09-08-2012, 05:49 AM

Please don't take offense at the title, we call rapeseed canola! Clear blue sky, all pics boosted 10% contrast and saturation and that is it.

laid the camera on the ground and fired with the RC, fun trying to get in range without capturing myself. #1 and #4 are my favourites, like to hear what you think.

Views: 1,152
09-08-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A lot of area covered with that lens.I like the 1st one best.--charliezap
09-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
A lot of area covered with that lens.I like the 1st one best.--charliezap
Cheers Charlie, some passers by stopped after I took the first pic and stopped for a chat, some directions to tourist spots etc. Took me at least 10 mins to find where the hell in the field I had left the camera! I will NEVER buy a yellow pentax. Ever.
09-08-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by deaning Quote
Cheers Charlie, some passers by stopped after I took the first pic and stopped for a chat, some directions to tourist spots etc. Took me at least 10 mins to find where the hell in the field I had left the camera! I will NEVER buy a yellow pentax. Ever.
Great shots ... and funny story, too!

09-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the first one but the third one is my favorite. Like the fisheye perspective. How I would love to see the canola fields in bloom.
09-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Great shots ... and funny story, too!
I sure had a giggle, AFTER I found the camera!

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I like the first one but the third one is my favorite. Like the fisheye perspective. How I would love to see the canola fields in bloom.
It is something to see and they are not yet in full bloom. When they are it truly hurts your eyes. First time I ever saw was in this area coming over a rise in the dawn sun after an all night party. I stopped and gazed in awe and did wonder if someone had slipped drugs in my drink.
09-08-2012, 07:50 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice! First and last are my favorites!

09-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Love the photos.. Fields of yellow canola beside blue flax beside green wheat make the summer so bright.. I didnt think anyone still grew rape seed. It smells so bad... GMO canola for everyone around here!
09-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Brilliant colors and excellent unusual perspectives. And that lens flare is most interesting. When you were searching for the camera did you try firing the remote? The good old K10D is loud enough that might have helped you find it.
09-09-2012, 06:58 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Excellent photos with great perspective, colour and composition! I love your creativity... so nice when experiments like that first shot work out so well. I took some photos of a soybean field this summer. Great subject! thanks for sharing
09-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by icywarm Quote
Love the photos.. Fields of yellow canola beside blue flax beside green wheat make the summer so bright.. I didnt think anyone still grew rape seed. It smells so bad... GMO canola for everyone around here!
Loads of canola herem all GM free except for a test plot 100km away that has contaminated one organic farm already, big court case looming.

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Brilliant colors and excellent unusual perspectives. And that lens flare is most interesting. When you were searching for the camera did you try firing the remote? The good old K10D is loud enough that might have helped you find it.
Yes tried the remote, with the camera on it's back it wouldn't fire more than a couple of feet away.

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Excellent photos with great perspective, colour and composition! I love your creativity... so nice when experiments like that first shot work out so well. I took some photos of a soybean field this summer. Great subject! thanks for sharing
Thanks Tess, it sure was great fun!
09-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #12

very creative indeed. love how the 1st pic have turned out