Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Immersive Panorama St Werberghs Chapel
Lens: Rokinon 8mm Camera: K10D Photo Location: Mt Barker West Australia ISO: 100 
Posted By: deaning, 09-09-2012, 07:16 PM

This presented quite a challenge as the interior is dark and I settled on 2 sec exposures at F5.6 with massive contrast, the exterior was a breeze and stitched straight off. I added ambient directional Australian bird sounds so scroll around. This little chapel oozes history and character. Enjoy the little planet intro as it loads!

St Werburghs Chapel <<<CLICK TO VIEW IMMERSIVE PANORAMA

Use the fullscreen icon for a better experience, esc to exit and mouse to move and zoom.

"Built in 1873 by George Edward Egerton-Warburton this serene heritage icon was made of pug and clay dug from a nearby hole. A carpenter from Albany Mr Blechynden carried out the exquisite woodwork probably using sheoak from near Albany and locally sourced jarrah. There are 32 religious buildings dedicated to St. Werburgh’s, 29 are located in England, one in Zimbabwe, one in Ireland and the other just 12 minutes from Mount Barker’s town centre. Services, weddings and christenings have all been held by candlelight as the chapel has never had power."

Last edited by deaning; 09-10-2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Replaced sample pic with one of my own.
Views: 771
09-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I confess I didn't check your linked images.
This one is nice...but I wonder if have the headstones in sharp focus and the chapel(?) soft would be stronger?
Interesting bit of history.
09-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jford Quote
I confess I didn't check your linked images. This one is nice...but I wonder if have the headstones in sharp focus and the chapel(?) soft would be stronger? Interesting bit of history.
That pic is not mine, courtesy of the Plantagenet Historical Society. I don't think anyone has viewed the panorama lol. I will replace the image with one of my own if I can dig it up.
09-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I looked inside and out, nice work. My wife liked it too!

09-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
I looked inside and out, nice work. My wife liked it too!
Cheers Dave, it was great fun to do! The initial pic is now one of my own to clarify any confusion about headstones in jfords comment.
09-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

now that is way cool, really enjoyed the tour and thanks for sharing and all of your efforts to bring this to us.
09-11-2012, 04:00 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow that is very cool (the link) it's like being there without leaving your chair. Nice shot as well.

09-11-2012, 05:31 AM   #8
Pentaxian

That started my day off right.Great work.---charliezap
09-11-2012, 07:16 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That must have taken a lot of work. Made me dizzy. You really should warn people that they need their sea legs to view that panorama. Seriously though, it was nicely done. Enjoyed it.
09-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
That must have taken a lot of work. Made me dizzy. You really should warn people that they need their sea legs to view that panorama. Seriously though, it was nicely done. Enjoyed it.
Took me about 6 hours including the shoot, but I have spent days on some miserable failures lol! Thanks all for the comments, it is encouraging.
09-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

awesome work Dean, really enjoyed that!
cheers