Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
more honey eaters & others
Lens: Sigma 70-300 DL f4-5.6 Camera: K20D Photo Location: Melbourne 
Posted By: Cee Cee, 09-11-2012, 04:14 PM

I know I've posted a few of these New Holland Honey Eaters before but I was particulary pleased with a couple of shots from the weekend and a Willie Wag Tail, Crested Pigeon & Spotted Pardalote

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Views: 935
09-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shots - I especially like the McGyver bird in 4 - looks like he is ready to dismantle a bomb or build a rocket with that paper clip.
09-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Great shots - I especially like the McGyver bird in 4 - looks like he is ready to dismantle a bomb or build a rocket with that paper clip.
McGyver bird! Too funny! Nice set I like all the varied expressions on them, fascinating.
09-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

really nice captures, love #1.

09-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I always like seeing different birds that what I'm used to seeing around my digs.--charliezap
09-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Nice Cee Cee. I want to do birds badly. The birds around here stay in the shade and are very flighty. Is number four a Dove or pigeon? I don't want to start feeding the birds because they carry West Nile virus! I,ll just be content to enjoy yours.
09-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Tough captures to get right.
Thanks for sharing.
09-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
HaHa, I guess he's constructing a steel reinforced nest this spring, cheers.

QuoteOriginally posted by deaning Quote
McGyver bird! Too funny! Nice set I like all the varied expressions on them, fascinating.
hey thanks for the comments dean, cheers.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
really nice captures, love #1.
thanks Bob, the bird kept coming back to that branch and checking me out (only about 6ft away) and only stay for a second or two, so pre focused on the branch and waited, cheers.

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
I always like seeing different birds that what I'm used to seeing around my digs.--charliezap
same here charlie, glad you liked these,cheers,.

09-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A very good series of shots of our little feathered friends.
09-12-2012, 02:57 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Really nice series CeeCee. Especially like the first one. You are getting quite good at capturing birds. Thanks for sharing these.
09-12-2012, 06:56 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WillH Quote
Nice Cee Cee. I want to do birds badly. The birds around here stay in the shade and are very flighty. Is number four a Dove or pigeon? I don't want to start feeding the birds because they carry West Nile virus! I,ll just be content to enjoy yours.
the birds although wild are in urban park lands with walking & bicycle tracks so they are pretty used to humans, but you still have to be a little lucky, also they were too busy with the business of spring to pay me much attention. that's a "Crested Pigeon" with the wire in its beak, cheers

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Tough captures to get right.
Thanks for sharing.
Glad you liked them Ash, my old sigma zoom @300m and wide open, can be a tough assignment, cheers.

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
A very good series of shots of our little feathered friends.
thanks EM, our feathered friends were busy with spring duties and seemed a bit more tolerant of my presence

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Really nice series CeeCee. Especially like the first one. You are getting quite good at capturing birds. Thanks for sharing these.
thank you for those kind words Susan, I'm always inspired (to try and improve) by some of the awesome bird shots we see on these forums
09-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wonderful shots!! (I LOL'd at MacGyver bird!) really, this is a fantastic series with such a great variety of bird! Lovely work!
09-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Very very nice set Cee Cee. They are gorgeous birds and your photos do them justice. I love the eye in the first and the drip of water on its bill... the second is very cool with the yellow markings and the 'MacGyver' bird is really captivating... they are all cool... I have never seen a bird with a spotted head before as in the last... thank you so much for sharing.
09-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Wonderful shots!! (I LOL'd at MacGyver bird!) really, this is a fantastic series with such a great variety of bird! Lovely work!
thank you Lori for your kind words, I'm always amazed at the local variety of birds that I'm finding (now that I'm looking).

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Very very nice set Cee Cee. They are gorgeous birds and your photos do them justice. I love the eye in the first and the drip of water on its bill... the second is very cool with the yellow markings and the 'MacGyver' bird is really captivating... they are all cool... I have never seen a bird with a spotted head before as in the last... thank you so much for sharing.
thanks for your comments tess, always appreciated .... it was the first time I'd seen that little spotted bird as well, I had to "look it up" when I got home.