Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Recent trip to Las Vegas (5 img)
Posted By: weatherwise2, 02-01-2008, 07:28 PM

Was able to go to Las Vegas last weekend with my wife. I took well over 200 pictures but Here are some of my favorites; not quite the typical Las Vegas shots:

1. Outside Cirque du Soleil show in the Mirage Hotel

2. Sphinx at Luxor

3. Lights at one of the hotels

4. At the Hover Dam (I know the wires, they were everywhere!)

5. Self Portrait

Let me know what you think.
Views: 1,501
02-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Took me back to my trip this past fall. The last one is very cool. Did you see the Love show? It was awesome and I so wanted to talk a picture or two but got nixed.
02-01-2008, 09:11 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes. that was the main reason for us going. I gave the trip to my wife as an anniversary present in december becuase she was dying to see that Cirque du Soliel show. I'm always impressed of how athletic the performers are and how creative the costumes are. The staff was stopping pictures even with small camera so I did not get any in side the show either.
02-02-2008, 12:32 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I really like the Sphynx shot ... that's great.

02-11-2008, 07:04 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent series of images. When I was in Las Vegas 16 months ago I did not bother to take any images of the night life. Too exhauseted after taking 8 hours of classes each day for a week.

These are wonderful images.

I did take a day off and headed north about an hour to the Valley of Fire. Great shooting environment. Returned a second time already and will do so again later this year.

Stephen
02-11-2008, 07:24 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Nice series I like the lights and self portrait ! Like others I was there recently (October) there is so much to photograph and so much to do ! I recommend the car show at the Imperial Palace if you like Vintage and Antique cars - cheap as well ($6.00 ??) - Glad you had a good time and survived !