Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I have cats
Camera: K-r and K-30 Photo Location: Virginia 
Posted By: loco, 09-15-2012, 06:24 PM

I have a large cat family and from time to time I like to share some photos of them. I hope you don't mind and I thank you for indulging me.

This is Spike. He usually has this almost worried look on his face. I joked that it looks like he's thinking he might have left the stove on.
DA 35/2.4

Snickers is into everything. I was trying to take a picture of this cup of cherries when he intervened.
FA 77 Ltd

Here he is playing with my lens cap.
DA*55

Shanequa is my baby. She was totally wild and it took over six months to get to the point where I could touch her. Now, she is the sweetest, most lovable cat.
FA 77 Ltd

And Spike, once again. He's such a beautiful boy.
FA 77 Ltd

Views: 1,753
09-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Those are beautiful cats. Thanks for sharing! Also, now I know my 35 2.4 is great for kitties
09-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All beautiful shots Lori, I think I would love to have Spike around, looks like a WatchCat to me. I bet nothing gets by him, including a possible meal too.
09-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wonderful images of your cats Lori, 1 and 4 are especially nice. Thanks for posting them.

09-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I Spike a male calico/tortie? If so, he really IS special - thats a rare combination in the world of felines!

Gorgeous shots!
09-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Beautiful cats and wonderful images. Thanks for sharing.
09-16-2012, 05:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Great captures, we have 6, 3 adopted and 3 blowins. Checkout Mr. No Ears (indeterminable age and few teeth) after I fed him my home produced mineral extracts for 3 weeks, his coat changed a lot.

09-16-2012, 05:42 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by calculator01 Quote
Those are beautiful cats. Thanks for sharing! Also, now I know my 35 2.4 is great for kitties
Thank you very much! Yep, it's a great lens for just about anything.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
All beautiful shots Lori, I think I would love to have Spike around, looks like a WatchCat to me. I bet nothing gets by him, including a possible meal too.
Thank you, Bob! Spike watches things and makes a bunch of noise, so I guess he might work well as a WatchCat!

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Wonderful images of your cats Lori, 1 and 4 are especially nice. Thanks for posting them.
Thank you so much, Heinrich! I'm glad you like them!

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I Spike a male calico/tortie? If so, he really IS special - thats a rare combination in the world of felines!

Gorgeous shots!
Thank you very much! No, I think Spike is just a regular medium-haired tabby. I have wondered if he might have a tiny bit of Maine Coon in him.
QuoteOriginally posted by mtansley Quote
Beautiful cats and wonderful images. Thanks for sharing.
QuoteOriginally posted by deaning Quote
Great captures, we have 6, 3 adopted and 3 blowins. Checkout Mr. No Ears (indeterminable age and few teeth) after I fed him my home produced mineral extracts for 3 weeks, his coat changed a lot.
Thank you so much! And that's wonderful that you took this guy in. Doesn't it make you feel good to help them out?
09-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Lori, I love how you have taken a unique approach to your cat portraits. The bowl of cherries image is divine! I really enjoy the black and whites too. Spikes eyes are an animal photographer's dream!! wow ... and the pose of Shanequa and the composition with the fence corner in the background is really really nice. I have been over a year now without a kitty. I really miss the snuggles and purrs, the lovely energy they exude as they lay around at your feet as I type on the computer or beside me on a table full of sunshine. Thank you so much for posting images of your companions
09-16-2012, 07:01 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Love the eyes in the first one of Spike - such intense color and perfect reflections. And he is certainly concentrating on something!
09-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Hey Lori--love these cat shots! As you may recall, I have a puppy (more pics of Bruno soon) so I can relate to pet pics. These are lovely, especially the last one, as someone said, piercing eyes. You captured that mystical "black cat" quality perfectly.

Take care,

Marcus
09-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Lori, I love how you have taken a unique approach to your cat portraits. The bowl of cherries image is divine! I really enjoy the black and whites too. Spikes eyes are an animal photographer's dream!! wow ... and the pose of Shanequa and the composition with the fence corner in the background is really really nice. I have been over a year now without a kitty. I really miss the snuggles and purrs, the lovely energy they exude as they lay around at your feet as I type on the computer or beside me on a table full of sunshine. Thank you so much for posting images of your companions
Awww, that's so nice to read, Tess! Thanks for all your wonderful comments. I hope you are able to get another kitty soon. They are such wonderful friends.

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Love the eyes in the first one of Spike - such intense color and perfect reflections. And he is certainly concentrating on something!
Thank you so much, Stan!

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Kauffman Quote
Hey Lori--love these cat shots! As you may recall, I have a puppy (more pics of Bruno soon) so I can relate to pet pics. These are lovely, especially the last one, as someone said, piercing eyes. You captured that mystical "black cat" quality perfectly.

Take care,

Marcus
Many thanks, Marcus! I adore pet photos, and always look forward to seeing more of Bruno!
09-17-2012, 04:49 AM   #13
Veteran Member

That first one of Spike would make a great LOLcat. Any caption ideas?

Regards,
--Anders.
09-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lovely portraits. All of them. And you can totally pick up their personalities from the images. Great work.
09-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wonderful shots of your kitty collection! But where's my favorite - the comical-looking b/w that resembles Snickers? (can't remember the name)