Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
What's For Dinner?
Posted By: magkelly, 09-16-2012, 03:54 PM

(This one's for Rupert, lol....)

Just a little Cajun food, Sunday's red beans and rice with sausage and ham. At a big Sunday family dinner this in New Orleans this would only be a side, but for me it's enough on it's own. It's a pretty filling meal, though I do have a little tiny chocolate pie that's sitting on the counter thawing for later....

Taken with my new $13 Fuji P&S Definitely need to work on the sharpness settings on this thing. I put it on medium but I definitely got soft. I forgot about that that the medium setting on these S series camera isn't all that sharp. To be fair I was taking a pic with almost no light except the flash in a pretty dark kitchen so I can't complain that the Fuji didn't give it it's best shot. We don't have much light in our kitchen except for the light over the stove and it's cloudy today. Not much sun coming in the one window over the sink.

I'll be much happier though when I can shoot RAW. (Yeah, the S5000 can shoot RAW. One of the reasons I always liked my S7000. That and it's macro capacity made it well worth the buy at the time.) Right now though all I have is a 16MB xD card that I can't take but 10 jpeg shots on. I'm going to have to order a couple of 1 GB or a 2 GB one on Amazon.

I can't even find one here to buy. I looked all over yesterday and ended up with nothing. Judging from Amazon I'm going to have to pay twice a much for a card as I did for the camera, lol. I forgot about that. How expensive xD cards are compared to SD and CF ones. Unfortunately unlike my S7000 this camera can't use the cheaper CF ones. Right now I'm just glad I forgot to give the person I gave my S7000 to the 16mb demo card or I'd be sitting here just looking at this little camera instead of using it!

It's funny having this one. It's smaller than my S7000 but it's just like using that one was, almost. There's this little chiming noise it makes when you turn it on and off or switch from camera to review that is exactly the same. I used to hear that sound every time I used my camera for 7 years. I think I missed my S7000 more than I realized because it makes me smile to just to hear it. Silly huh?

This little cam will never replace any of my more serious cameras, but it still makes an excellent purse cam and I'm glad I found it. I'm going to have some fun with it, no doubt...

Last edited by magkelly; 05-20-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Views: 791
09-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shades of Tom Waits - "I wish I was in New Orleans"...
Looks tasty.
Nice colors, but I'm hangin' onto my K10.
09-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I love Cajun food, smile, and it was good. Tonight was lasagna and a couple of little slices of Italian bread from a mini loaf. We had no power earlier for like 3 hours. By the time it was over it was too hot to cook. Stouffer's it was. Tomorrow we're supposed to be going out to lunch and I may just take my camera. We're having German food at this place my parents like and that's a first for me out. I've had it at home. My Mom used to cook some German stuff once in a while and I had sausages once at October Fest at Busch Gardens as a kid, but I've never eaten in a at a proper German restaurant. Should be fun.