Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Diversity in Suburban Southeast Georgia
Posted By: Ed in GA, 02-02-2008, 10:37 AM

A Photo essay of sorts.

My wife went to the Salon to have her nails done this morning. So, I had a little time to kill.

I drew a one mile radius circle around my house, got in my truck and took these photos.

enjoy

"The Good Life."

Low Tide on the Marsh.

"Home Sweet Home"

"You might be a Redneck, if!"

I could never have imagined that there could be that much contrast in such a short distance until I moved into my current home. Which, BTW, is somewhere in between those.

Last edited by Ed in GA; 02-02-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Views: 1,376
02-02-2008, 10:48 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I love the trailer, er.. manufactured home, with the awnings, mattress in the yard and the love seat on the porch. Now, THAT is country living.

Nice pics of the Lowlands.
02-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
racinsince55

Ha-Ha! That's the South I know and love.
02-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice photos -- especially the small "mansion". Been a few years since I was in your neck of the woods (lived in Savanah (Abercorn Blvd.) and worked at Ft. Stewart in the early '70s). It is amazing that you find your house between the other 2. Reminds me of growing up in south MS.

02-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Big difference in accomadations! Actually I like the first shot the best. And you can say that the horse keeps the lawn "nicely mowed"!

NaCl(good essay Ed)H2O
02-02-2008, 07:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Anyone notice that the horse has more square footage of living area than his humans do?
02-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #7
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Nice photos -- especially the small "mansion". Been a few years since I was in your neck of the woods (lived in Savanah (Abercorn Blvd.) and worked at Ft. Stewart in the early '70s). It is amazing that you find your house between the other 2. Reminds me of growing up in south MS.

Yes, I've seen some similarities between GA & MS.

02-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #8
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Big difference in accomadations! Actually I like the first shot the best. And you can say that the horse keeps the lawn "nicely mowed"!

NaCl(good essay Ed)H2O
Thanks Salty, I liked the first one as well. One of these weekends, I'm going to do a complete series on the rivers, marshes and wetlands in this area. Which will include the famous "Moon River".
02-02-2008, 08:35 PM   #9
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Anyone notice that the horse has more square footage of living area than his humans do?
Mike, from closer, the Horse appears to have about four times the living space.
02-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #10
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's quite a series of shots and a strong social commentary. You either have or have not in comparison. This would look great as a B&W series as well. At least one guy has a Bass boat!

Thanks for the post.