Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Beautiful friendship
Lens: Tamron sp 90 Camera: Pentax k-x Photo Location: Hungary, Szeged ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/4000s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: oltdavid, 09-17-2012, 02:07 PM

Name:  Beautiful friendship.jpg
Views: 9071
Size:  119.5 KB

Views: 4,499
09-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Peace!

Great photo opt! Lovely dog and a very cute little girl.
09-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Now this is great. Any photo that makes me smile like I am right now is a winner in my book.

Larry
09-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A winner! The looks on both of their faces is priceless. Thanks for sharing.

09-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That is a wickedly delicious photograph. I can't stop smiling.
09-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I also like this a lot. But I'm curious, did you know the little girl? Or did you just happen to catch her walking by? She looks a little apprehensive and the dog looks like he's thinking about taking a bite out of you. :-)
09-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #7

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
The dog is mine and the young girl was really wanted to walk together . I caught this moment...

09-18-2012, 04:22 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wonderful capture, a pleasure to view. welcome to PF. Bob
09-18-2012, 04:41 AM   #9
Veteran Member

This one is special.

Tom G
09-18-2012, 06:13 AM   #10
Pentaxian

A very precious picture.Great job.-charliezap
09-18-2012, 06:44 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi

It is a cute photo alright, but at any moment this could end up in total disaster. Just think for a moment. Please !

Only about two weeks ago here in Melbourne (I am sure some locals here will recall this) a dog, and I do not know what breed it is, which looked a 100% identical and was known by everyone in the street as extremely friendly suddenly lost it and attacked a girl of about the same age living next door and demolished her face. No one ever could explain what happened, but it did.

These type of dogs are extremely powerful, just look at it and compare it with the girls physique and you can see how quickly it can end up in disaster, even if the dog just decides to suddenly run off and the girl cant extract herself quickly enough from the leash. You never forgive yourself and you only wanted to shoot a cute photo.

The powerful jaws of these type of dogs are/can be deadly, when they look onto something... curtains ! Don't risk it and pair them up with such young children in particular.

So while the photo may be cute, it frightens me.

Greetings
09-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Schraubstock, as a previous owner of similar-typed dogs I feel compelled to respond to your post. I think you need to keep this one in context. It was a photo opt with the owner of the dog right there taking the picture. You have no other information on this image. You cannot draw any conclusions about whether or not the child is in danger and it is not fair that you did so. You also tell a horrific and tragic story that has no relevance to this shot other than it was the same type of dog... and by your own admission you say "no one could explain what happened" ... I understand that you and your community were traumatized by the attack, however, it is not fair to Mastiff-liniage breeds to type-cast the incident this way. They are powerful, but so are the ATVs kids drive, the horses they ride, the streets they play in...Anyway, having gone through Breed Specific Legislation here in Ontario I am very sensitive to the issue. People, the owners are responsible. You do not know oltdavid.

Ban the deed, not the breed.
09-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi

It is a cute photo alright, but at any moment this could end up in total disaster. Just think for a moment. Please !

Only about two weeks ago here in Melbourne (I am sure some locals here will recall this) a dog, and I do not know what breed it is, which looked a 100% identical and was known by everyone in the street as extremely friendly suddenly lost it and attacked a girl of about the same age living next door and demolished her face. No one ever could explain what happened, but it did.

These type of dogs are extremely powerful, just look at it and compare it with the girls physique and you can see how quickly it can end up in disaster, even if the dog just decides to suddenly run off and the girl cant extract herself quickly enough from the leash. You never forgive yourself and you only wanted to shoot a cute photo.

The powerful jaws of these type of dogs are/can be deadly, when they look onto something... curtains ! Don't risk it and pair them up with such young children in particular.

So while the photo may be cute, it frightens me.

Greetings
I agree 100%. When I first saw that image, I was scared. I didn't want to say anything because of the blow-back.
09-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #14

Original Poster
I would like to reassure everyone that this picture was retouched:

Name:  IMGP3916.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  464.0 KB

holy peace
09-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Awesome oltdavid! Thanks so much for posting this last image! You are a wonderful ambassador for the breed!!!
« Deaths Door | jetty »