Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Street style
Lens: 17-50 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Blackpool ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/25s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: westmill, 09-20-2012, 03:36 PM

One of my fave street shots !

Views: 620
09-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You know, at first I wasn't sure about the horizon line being crooked, but seeing the subject it actually works well. This is one of those photos that at first glance seems normal, but has some depth after a bit more review, good job! The bw works well, too
09-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
You know, at first I wasn't sure about the horizon line being crooked, but seeing the subject it actually works well. This is one of those photos that at first glance seems normal, but has some depth after a bit more review, good job! The bw works well, too
Thank you ! The top rail follows the sea horizon. I could see the shot I wanted in my minds eye. The shot I wanted was more of a Marylin Monroe type lol. I planned on going back with a model if it did not happen. I waited for over three hours for the right person to walk in the frame where i wanted them. I was about to give up when I noticed the crooked guy and his ungainly walk. I could not believe my luck. He just belonged !
Not quite what i planned but it seemed my patiance paid off on this occasion lol.
09-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well worth the wait, I really like this shot a lot.

09-21-2012, 05:09 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you Dean... much appreciated !
09-21-2012, 05:28 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It works, I like it.

Did you try a horizontal crop, does that also work?

Regards,
--Anders.
09-21-2012, 05:53 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by asp1880 Quote
It works, I like it.

Did you try a horizontal crop, does that also work?

Regards,
--Anders.
It would work in a way but the idea is that the whole pic forms an arrow head. All the strong lines in the pic guide the eye to the guy. Going horizontal would place the guy much much further back in the frame making him too small a part of the scene. Also I wanted to keep the background simple. The more there is in a scene the more there is to distract. To be honnest I prefer the pic when poster sized. I have printed and framed a 13" x 19" print and hung it in my studio. Ive used a 3" black card boarder cut with a beveled edge and a plain 1" Black wood framing. It looks great. Another problem with going wide was the amount of passing people too. I wanted a solitary figure occupying that one space. Since it was a very carefully planned thing I only actually took this one single frame. If the guy had just been a couple of steps further in it would prob be a totally different pic.