Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Please cross your fingers for me, a story + 2 landscapes
Posted By: little laker, 02-02-2008, 10:43 PM

I absolutely need a new place to move to.
The person living in the house where I'm at is the biggest pig the world has ever seen, and I'm tired of cleaning anything up just to have it messed rght back up within 10 minutes after this pig has returned.

As a result my cameras have a major dust problem, both these pictures took me at least 10 minutes to fix

Well today I went to look at a couple of places in Kelowna, British Columbia. Pretty much my choice location, and the biggest interior city located in British Columbia.

The first place that I looked at is a nice but small one bedroom above ground basement suite.
In a newer house.

The kitchen is a little smaller than I'd like, and there isn't any living room. But the bedroom is around 16' x 16', so if I plan things out with the right hide-a-bed and what not it can even double as a studio.

The owner is a really nice man, and another classic car buff. I told him that I have a couple of 1920's Essex automobiles, under construction. And we got along great.

Anyways I asked him if he'd mind me using the washroom as a dark room. He said that it's fine as long as I don't damage anything.
That's fair.

But then he thought of something, and asked me why I didn't just put it all in here, opening up the door to an old shower room.

I'm looking and it's almost perfect. No sink, yet. But a fresh water source, and a drain. Plus it's an inside room as well, so it's easy to block off all light sources.
And the only door going into it is through the suite, so I don't have to worry about anyone going through.

And then he pointed out the Sauna, joining this room.
It'll be a little dark, but should make a perfect computer room.

And here's the best part.
This is the front yard

As you've probably figured out I really want this pad. It's a little more than I wanted to pay, but worth every penny.

There are a few more people looking at it, so I don't know what my chances are of getting it.
Even with great references.

So please cross your fingers and hope that I get it.
Thanks
Views: 3,702
02-05-2008, 08:37 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I got the place I looked at yesterday

And I'll be starting to move in tomorrow afternoon. Although I have a 4 day assignment in Vancouver on Thursday. So it'll take me about a week to get completely moved it.

If I have a chance I'll post some pictures tomorrow night, although I won't have internet hooked up there for a few days. And I'll be pretty tired after my return here. So it might not happen until next week some time.

I think that you folks will love this place
especially the open invitation to stay there for a few days if your in the area.
It'll sure be nice having that extra room.

02-05-2008, 08:39 PM   #32
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Careful what you offer now Stu, My wife has never seen BC and asked just the other day....

Congrats. moving sucks.
02-05-2008, 08:47 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I did say for a few days, and I would love it if you came up Peter

Thanks

I know about moving sucking, but I'm sure looking forward to living in my favorite location
02-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #34

That is awesome news Stu! Look forward to the upcoming picure posts.

02-05-2008, 11:22 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Looks like you did good. Got a bonus studio.
02-05-2008, 11:44 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Stu, congrats and good luck with the move and the assignment in Vancouver.

Take care, Heinrich
02-06-2008, 02:09 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Hey Stu,

You know that moving is just punishment for collecting too much stuff - . Great to hear you got the place you wanted.

Spyglass