Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I took my own picture
Posted By: little laker, 02-02-2008, 11:48 PM

I'll clone out the dust later, but here's what I look like on a trek

Views: 2,512
02-03-2008, 12:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Man Stu, you sure are fast to push that shutter button then get posed for the picture.

Jim
02-03-2008, 12:14 AM   #3
Igilligan

Hey Stu

You are better looking that I imagined... haha

So right eye shooter with left eye open... Ooops wrong thread.

-gus-
02-03-2008, 12:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbrowning Quote
Man Stu, you sure are fast to push that shutter button then get posed for the picture.

Jim
It takes talent Jim,
I'm holding my Sigma, but really shooting my Pentax on the tripod. Good thing for wireless remotes
actually I used the 12 second timer in this case.

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
You are better looking that I imagined... haha

So right eye shooter with left eye open... Ooops wrong thread.

-gus-
Thanks Gus,
I don't have trouble getting the women. Just trouble gettingthe right women whom want to stick around

I'm a right eye shooter alright, but just kept my left eye for the picture

02-03-2008, 05:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice catch of a rare animal in HIS environment - WOOD.
02-03-2008, 05:41 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Not only looks but talent.
Good shot Stu. and I must say being able to give your self 12 seconds to get into position is a great help.
02-03-2008, 09:10 AM   #7
Veteran Member

The Infamouse man behind the camera appears!!!!

Nice Shot Stu.. You shouldn't be so camera shy and get in front of that thing more often...

But I do have on critique..... No Smile?? not even a grin... So seriouse.... ???

Remember your supposed to enjoy your work... So lets see that smile next time, Huh ???

Nice shot!! Thanks for sharin...

02-03-2008, 09:15 AM   #8
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You are fast. We have now turned the forums into a dating service. Nice area in the background.
02-03-2008, 11:12 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Nice catch of a rare animal in HIS environment - WOOD.
Thanks JC,

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Not only looks but talent.
Good shot Stu. and I must say being able to give your self 12 seconds to get into position is a great help.
Thanks David,
I'm using that 12 second timer more and more, and the wireless remote less and less.

QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote
The Infamouse man behind the camera appears!!!!

Nice Shot Stu.. You shouldn't be so camera shy and get in front of that thing more often...

But I do have on critique..... No Smile?? not even a grin... So seriouse.... ???

Remember your supposed to enjoy your work... So lets see that smile next time, Huh ???

Nice shot!! Thanks for sharin...
Thanks Kim,
I'll hopefully be playing around in front of it a little more today. If it happens I'll try smiling

I'm attempting to get the same effect with the camera I get with some of my macros, where I can have a lighted subject and an almost black background.
If I can accomplish this I'll use it on a model shoot I might have set up for tomorrow.

Having that new remote flash is opening up new territory, for artistic photographs.

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
You are fast. We have now turned the forums into a dating service. Nice area in the background.
One of my fishing forums is a dating line, so why not the Pentax Forums
I'm actually serious, the one fishing forum that I belong to has brought 4 couples together that I know of. So you just never know.
02-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Snazzy jacket and the area looks very beautiful.

Maybe you should hand your model the camera and let her take pics of you Just a thought, but I guess if you're like me the reason you like having a camera is so you can be behind it and not infront of it.
02-03-2008, 02:56 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A clever hot, Stu. You and I share the same color of hair, but - I'm sad to say - I've got about three orders of magnitude more wrinkles (I claim they make me look wise).

Jer
02-03-2008, 10:18 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Finally getting to see you in real life. Envious of your statement having no troubles getting women. Not sure if that is due to pheromone or what...

That weather seems to be quite chilly - something I cannot imagine at all. Maybe it is better to visit Canada in Autumn or something
02-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Mystery solved

It is funny how you can get a metal picture formed in your mind how someone might look. Stu you are much younger than I imagined. I pictured you to be in your mid to late 60's. Great to see you have a good number of years left to participate in the Pentax Forum.
I would like to ask when you are going to submit some eagle photos (it looks like there is a bird platform in the background of your shot).
02-03-2008, 11:53 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Snazzy jacket and the area looks very beautiful.

Maybe you should hand your model the camera and let her take pics of you Just a thought, but I guess if you're like me the reason you like having a camera is so you can be behind it and not infront of it.
Tempting Chris, but I have a better idea.
I've got a date with a female photographer on Tuesday.
She seems to be nice enough, however she uses Canon's

I know, I shouldn't even consider dating a Canon user

I'll let her try my trusty Pentax. She's looking for a new camera soon, so the timing might be perfect
With a little luck she'll take my picture with it.

I also have to show her my Sigma. But that camera isn't all that user friendly. And I might be wrong, but I don't think that she has all that much experience.

Oh, that jacket was a $10.00 value village special. I was looking for Pentax lenses and found it instead

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
A clever hot, Stu. You and I share the same color of hair, but - I'm sad to say - I've got about three orders of magnitude more wrinkles (I claim they make me look wise).

Jer
Thanks Jer,
Truth is I'll turn 39 in about a week. My dad was right gray at 25, so I did better than him.

I think that the hair colour helps out with the business. People think that I'm older, and seem to respect that more

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Finally getting to see you in real life. Envious of your statement having no troubles getting women. Not sure if that is due to pheromone or what...

That weather seems to be quite chilly - something I cannot imagine at all. Maybe it is better to visit Canada in Autumn or something
It was chilly out there, but mostly due to the wind. 30 minutes earlier was perfect.

James Whenever you come up I'd recommend visiting in the Autumn. Then the weathers usually dry, Spring is often wet.

If you land in BC I'll do my best to pick you up at the airport.

I'd take the right woman over several women any day. And I just haven't met her yet.
Although it could be fun if it works out with this photographer.
02-03-2008, 11:59 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by spyglass Quote
It is funny how you can get a metal picture formed in your mind how someone might look. Stu you are much younger than I imagined. I pictured you to be in your mid to late 60's. Great to see you have a good number of years left to participate in the Pentax Forum.
I would like to ask when you are going to submit some eagle photos (it looks like there is a bird platform in the background of your shot).
I had to grow up fast about 5 years ago, which is probably why I sound older than I really am.
However if my life didn't change back then I would have never gotten back into photography. So it worked out for the best.

That's an Osprey platform, and I've submitted a few pictures from it. Although it was quite a while ago.
Here's a few. Sorry about the hair on the sensor in them.