Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Leaf with buttery bokeh
Lens: DA55-300 Camera: K5 Photo Location: British Columbia ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/150s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Mr_Canuck, 09-21-2012, 09:47 AM

While I'm titillated by all the new camera announcements from different manufacturers than Pentax, I keep coming back to why my Pentax gear is great in supporting my photography habits. After dropping the kids at the bus near our country home in Cranbrook, BC, Canada... I took a walk along the road where there was some amazing sunrise light on the meadows. I carried the humble DA55-300 with me. This shot showed off its capacity for truly pleasing out of focus background and nice transition from in to out of focus elements. The image is nice and detailed where it counts. Also gotta love the colour! I haven't touched a thing in this file and there are lots of cropping opportunities.

Anyhow, all I'm talking about is gear. It was a beautiful, inspiring morning to take a walk in the fields and try and capture some of it!

Want to suggest a cropping to me?

Views: 585
09-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Lovely light coming through the leaf. That is one of my favorite walk-around lenses. Great to take on a long or short hike too.
09-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I really like this shot, and it reminds me that I need to try my 55-300 out on macro shots more often. I tend to use it only for landscapes or far-away animals.
09-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So simple and so beautiful. Wonderful lighting and terrific bokeh.