Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
moth
Lens: vivitar macro 105 Camera: k5 Photo Location: singapore ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/90s 
Posted By: marcusyoung, 09-22-2012, 01:48 AM

Moth with monopod and single flash light with diffusers.

marcus
Views: 700
09-22-2012, 04:15 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Good detail considering I assume it being a very small moth.
09-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Very nice capture Marcus. I've been thinking about using a monopod. Are you using it with a manual focus lens?
09-22-2012, 06:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very very nice image. I often use a monopod, especially while hiking. I bought one that my regular tripod head can mount onto so I am very comfortable with it and it works great for landscape etc.. I am not sure I would get such a great macro. Wonderful shooting!!

09-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #5
Veteran Member

What a lovely moth. Love the green background of the leaves too.
09-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Good detail considering I assume it being a very small moth.
Yes EM, original uncropped image. probably more than half an inch in real size at max 1:1 magnification..:

QuoteOriginally posted by bluestringer Quote
Very nice capture Marcus. I've been thinking about using a monopod. Are you using it with a manual focus lens?
Yes, Dennis. Monopod or tripod for most of my macros together with flash light and diffusers. At maximum magnification of 1:1, the gear has to be steady and a little breathing will affects the sharpness too. Sometimes in prone position and the ground could be used as a support or else leaning on some trees of concrete for support, otherwise using legs and arms if possible to firm the gear when shooting..

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Very very nice image. I often use a monopod, especially while hiking. I bought one that my regular tripod head can mount onto so I am very comfortable with it and it works great for landscape etc.. I am not sure I would get such a great macro. Wonderful shooting!!
Thanks Tess for your kind word. I am sure, without doubt that your could produce a great or better macro. Having the right set up, and when opportunity arise ie when the moth appears right infront of you within good clean background.. In this case, the leaves does not have reflective surfaces on where the moth was located and with the diffusers, i think the lighting is nice and soft.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
What a lovely moth. Love the green background of the leaves too.
Thank you,susan. ITs the diffuser that diffuse the light to create that soft effect. I, myself like the soft effect not having harsh white spots from flash light, on the background.

marcus