Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My Favorite!
Lens: Pentax 645 75mm F 2.8 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/25s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: Rupert, 09-22-2012, 08:49 AM

Now that I have finally got my studio up and running, I can once again spend my slack hours shooting my lovely young models that got me interested in shooting people a couple of years ago. This is the fun part, where you just relax, have some pizza and hot wings, put on some good Van Morrison and shoot away all afternoon!

My favorite person to shoot, she is a marvel at posing and a delight to be in her presence. She can give a hundred different look, all within minutes, and has that "I'm nothing special" attitude that makes it fun and easy to work with her.

My favorite....Shelby
[IMG] [/IMG]

A portrait Pro version.....I prefer her natural look, but it's fun to play with processing too!
[IMG] [/IMG]

It's always the eyes that get me!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Glamorous....or just the "girl next door", she is very versatile!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Anyhow, I have two sons and four grandsons....no girls....I think I might adopt Shelby, she is the granddaughter I never had!
Love that Pentax 645 75mm lens, it is also fun, and a joy to use on the K5!

Almost forgot....Here is the finished product of my new little studio, and I love it to death! I look for some fun times and an opportunity to become a better shooter, we all know I could use a little help!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards! (Otis is fine, not neglected, and living like....Otis!)
Rupert
Views: 1,011
09-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's easy to see why she is your muse - and your studio looks like an excellent space in which to create. Enjoy!
09-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Nice shots and nice place you got there.. Keep up the good work!!
09-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Seriously great stuff Rupert. Very very impressive. The "pro" shot is just incredible for a glamor result, and she is of course lovely otherwise. I love you studio. Good for you for following your dream. It is a satisfying and exciting state of being.

09-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations on the completed studio. Really like the shots you've taken so far...

Pam
09-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very good portrait shots and what a nice studio it is.
09-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
Veteran Member

So glad it has all come together for you Rupert - great shots!

I'm sorry, but I just can't help myself.....in the last fisheye photo with the 2 plants at the entrance - all I can think about is that these look just like the same plants that Otis battled with Mrs Rupert over last month........

09-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
Veteran Member

A very pretty young lady. Beautiful eyes. And very good shots of her. Looks like you will do well with this portrait stuff.
09-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #9
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Thanks guys/ girls/undecided!....Otis is on a PC kick and says I need to thank anyone "in-between"....whatever he means by that? Damn Squirrel can drive you insane!
I feel very fortunate to have this little place, all those years of pampering Mrs Rupert paid off, this is her gift to me! I plan on enjoying every minute of it I can!

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I'm sorry, but I just can't help myself.....in the last fisheye photo with the 2 plants at the entrance - all I can think about is that these look just like the same plants that Otis battled with Mrs Rupert over last month........
Yes, that was part of the deal...Mrs Rupert wanted her plants protected from Otis and his Army of Squirrels. Now they are, unless Otis gets my key to the place!

Thanks from Shelby too! She is a sweet girl, and I know she will appreciate the responses! Everyone should have such a lovely model with such a great disposition!

Regards!
09-23-2012, 06:09 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Sometimes dreams do come to fruition. Enjoy yours.--charliezap
09-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Congratulations Rupert on the wonderful studio. Your portrait shots have always been a delight to see. Shelby is indeed beautiful and you bring that out in all your images of her.
09-23-2012, 07:31 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Rupert - you're a pro already. Congrats and have fun.

Jer
09-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #13
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Rupert - you're a pro already. Congrats and have fun.

Jer
That cracks me up Jer! I'm about as much a Pro as I am a rocket scientist! But...no one has more fun than I do with my cameras.....except maybe Charlie...he has fun too, not sure if he has pizza and hot wings, but he does have lobsters, which are just as good!

Charlie...Thanks! I know you like to play with processing like I do, so here is one I really like, done in Virtual Photographer, a free plug-in.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Susan..Thank you for the kind words. Mrs Rupert comes down on Tue and Thurs evenings and we eat dinner in the studio. She made the comment that the dinners alone are worth the cost of the studio.....and we order in.....so maybe my fancy cooking is not all I thought it was?

Best Regards!
Rupert