Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Ringlight final test... fun fun fun!
Posted By: codiac2600, 02-03-2008, 08:49 AM

Well I finished assembly early this morning and with my gritty look decided to snap off a few from the finished product. Here are the samples with slight PP'ing to contrast and an overlay layer for a bolder effect. Enjoy these while I finish setup images and diagrams.

All images taken with my Pentax K10D, DA* 16-50mm 2.8, ISO 200.

The aperture fluctuates from 3.5-5.0 and shutter between 1/40-1/80.

Trying to decide who will win the Super Bowl today...

I JUST CAN"T DECIDE!

Pimpn' it ya'll

Total grunge right here especially with the Halo 3 shirt...

Views: 4,570
02-03-2008, 11:41 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
This is very clever use of ring light. Really nice work
Thank you James and it's less clever than you think... more guess work really.

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
aside from the ring flash...

I know you must have a special place in your heart for #4 as you made that into your latest avatar, but I personally have a preference for #3 as that. Here's why (please feel free to disagree )

#4 for me conveys a certain 'unhappiness' due to 'frustration' ... leaving me with a certain unexplainable 'anxiety' simply from witnessing it (A+++ for conveyance of that emotion thru the shot tho!!!) ... in short, leaving me with a (-) bias'ed feeling when seeing it.

While #3 conveys a undeniable 'strength' and 'confidence' to me leaving me saing to myself, "this guy's on top of the world!"... please deduct $0.02 from my account.
Thank you and I love your the thought you put into your $0.02 I chose #4 because of exactly what you stated.. I actually do have anxiety and I am constantly frustrated. I usually vent this frustration through photography as I can meet people, enjoy life and express myself.

This forum becomes my little vent tool for everything thats been built up inside and the feedback always seems to drive my passion. One day I'll switch to #3 and for those exact reasons you stated

02-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #17
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
These are great! The PP effects fit very nicely too. Combine the lighting and PP and youve got some very cool shots! And as always I am impressed with your 16-50 copy, very sharp, great oof transitions and rendering, a big contrast to so many other reports of bad copies. I think youve made a great toy.