Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Come Blow Your Horn
Camera: Panasonic LX-5 Photo Location: Kemah Boardwalk 
Posted By: Sailor, 09-24-2012, 05:19 PM

Every Labor Day weekend, Houston's NFL team, the Texans, have a "coming out" party at the Kemah Boardwalk (near where we dock Cut Time) featuring players, cheerleaders () and the Texan's Pep Band, which is composed largely of area high school and college band directors and instructors. To be honest, I wouldn't give a damn, except for the fact that my son-in-law, Donnie, plays in the band and the band members have the chops to play fast, hard and loud - enough to peel the skin off your face if you stand too close.

Here are some shots I grabbed this year with my - as Rupert would say - toy camera, which to my mind was a far preferable alternative to a heavy SLR bag on a ferociously hot day.

Jer

Striking up the band:

Donnie (number 98) blows his own horn:

Drum line:

Boogie time:

Donnie's performance being critiqued by my wife, Connie (she'll find him faultless but I'm generally not that lucky):

Views: 929
09-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fun photos to view my friend, bet that was a loud gathering and those Texans are sure doing well this year. You should of gotten up there and joined in Jer.
09-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Nice images! The Texans look might good so far!
09-25-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Texans always do things in a big way. Thanks for sharing these Jer. Enjoyed looking at them.

09-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Well done! Donnie is smart getting "critiqued" by his M-I-L. My M-I-L was terrific. Cool that he plays trumpet -- I played trumpet for years (including college and a dance band), but haven't touched one in at least 40 years.
09-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I love it Jer - I have been to Reliant Stadium once - very nice place. Looks like the band was rocking and a fun day.
09-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Fun photos to view my friend, bet that was a loud gathering and those Texans are sure doing well this year. You should of gotten up there and joined in Jer.
Loud doesn't describe it, Bob.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Nice images! The Texans look might good so far!
Thanks, Lori.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Texans always do things in a big way. Thanks for sharing these Jer. Enjoyed looking at them.
I'm glad you liked 'em, Susan.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Well done! Donnie is smart getting "critiqued" by his M-I-L. My M-I-L was terrific. Cool that he plays trumpet -- I played trumpet for years (including college and a dance band), but haven't touched one in at least 40 years.
Thanks much. Donnie plays well and is good middle school band director and teacher - the Texans gig doesn't pay much, but he certainly enjoys it.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I love it Jer - I have been to Reliant Stadium once - very nice place. Looks like the band was rocking and a fun day.
It was rockin' buddy. The second set - which was after dark - was really smoking, but I didn't have my trusty K-5 to capture the action.

Jer

09-28-2012, 05:41 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Whoa, great shots that really convey the sound and flurry of the day! That little camera sure works great on bright days!