Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Bethany Sunset (Film)
Lens: smc Pentax M 1:1.7 50mm Camera: MX Photo Location: Kingaroy, Queensland, Australia ISO: 200 
Posted By: AussieTrev, 09-24-2012, 10:39 PM

This is the first shot uploaded from a roll of film shot recently with the old MX. It was a Fujifilm Superia 200, nothing special and developed at Kmart onto CD. I can't recall the shutter and aperture. I have edited out a couple of dust marks and straightened, other than that it is how it was shot. Interestingly every time I took a shot and Annie as well we would look at the back of the camera, how times have changed with instant review.

Views: 651
09-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Gorgeous sunset with some beautiful sky and cloud color. Nice.
09-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful, I do the same with my wifes film camera
09-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Gorgeous sunset with some beautiful sky and cloud color. Nice.
Thank you Susan. It was amazing to see the difference between film and digital. I will try and find a digital shot from that afternoon.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Beautiful, I do the same with my wifes film camera
Thanks Bob. I checked the storm tracker when we had a big line of storms go through and the location of this shot would have been awesome with all the lightening strikes. hard to predict when to stay there though for storms.

09-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

This turned out very very nice! We bought some film for our old camera and went out for a day of shooting. I also kept looking at the back to see what was not there! None of our images turned out. I think I forgot how to use my old camera. Great job on this lovely sunset.
09-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This is a digital version from my K5, cropped to show a similar field of view but no other editing, taken at about the same time as the film version.

09-26-2012, 04:46 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Was the digital version shot in JPEG or RAW? The film shot is absolutely stunning.

09-26-2012, 05:00 AM   #8
Veteran Member

All credit to the photographer, because Ilike the clouds a lot better on film than the K-5 shot.
Both good photos mind, just that film still has its place.