Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
BonSoo on a Sunday.
Posted By: Chako, 02-03-2008, 04:11 PM

Every year at this time, Sault Ste Marie Ontario Canada has a week long winter festival . The festival is called BonSoo. Here are a few photos I took of the events held at a local park. All taken with a K10D and the Pentax 18-250mm.

People were transported to and from the festival via two horse drawn wagons.

To get in, you have to have a BonSoo button which costs 5 dollars. The button lets you get into many events at no additional cost during the week long event.

More horse teams.

They had a giant snow globe courtesy of the Ontario Government.

Every year, they have what is called a fantasy kingdom. Basically its a bunch of snow sculptures with ice slides for the children to enjoy. Well, this year, the weather didn't cooperate other then a giant snow storm we had last Wednesday. So it is rather small this year.

Here is the entryway to the Fantasy Kingdom.

And a 4 photo panorama taken inside the Fantasy Kingdom.

There was a sleigh ride to enjoy.

Another even is a snow sculpture competition. This years theme was Nursery rhymes.

You could even ride in a dog sled. Here is a touching moment between a handler and his dogs.

A few kids brought their snowboards along and were enjoying one of the larger snow mounds.

Here is a photo I took while seated on the back bench going back to the parking lot. I didn't think it would work out due to the severe movement and vibration, but to my surprise, they all turned out good. Here is an example.

So far, I am really enjoying this lens.
Views: 1,507