Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
natural abstractions
Lens: DA 40mm limited (mostly) Camera: k-5 Photo Location: Eastern Oregon 
Posted By: Marcus Kauffman, 09-27-2012, 10:06 PM

Below are some experiments at capturing nature and natural scenes in a completely unnatural way.

Take a look and let me know what you think. I know it is not everyone's cup of tea (nor is it always mine) but it is fun to experiment.



ponderose pine portal


light spawn; epic journey across the universe


abstract ponderosa pine portait

And an abstract image from a more realistic perspective...


seams and mounds.
From Painted Cove at the John Day Fossil Beds

Thanks for looking!

Marcus
Views: 580
09-28-2012, 04:27 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,835
They would look good printed I think - I do like the last one the best.
09-28-2012, 05:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member
tessfully's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: S. Algonquin, Ontario
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,855
I have been working on similar images myself Marcus. Always fun to try, and I am never sure if mine are any good, but I can tell you that last one is stunning and definitely a winner. I enjoyed the others, especially the portal. Thanks for sharing!
09-28-2012, 06:51 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
dcmsox2004's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: rhode island
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,430
creative compositions.... enjoy the kinetic effect upon the static flora... dave m

09-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #5
Pentaxian
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,848
I liked the whole series. The best part for me was that I could tell what I was looking at and the abstract versions made me look at it in a new way. The last one is brilliant and the first one keeps me coming back to it.
09-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
Veteran Member
Marcus Kauffman's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 353
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
They would look good printed I think - I do like the last one the best.
You are such a literalist! :-) Thanks for the comments.

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
I have been working on similar images myself Marcus. Always fun to try, and I am never sure if mine are any good, but I can tell you that last one is stunning and definitely a winner. I enjoyed the others, especially the portal. Thanks for sharing!
We seem to have similar experiments running. I hear you about not knowing if they are good. Most of mine are tossers but some have enough intrigue to keep. Thanks for looking.

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
creative compositions.... enjoy the kinetic effect upon the static flora... dave m
Thanks Dave!

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I liked the whole series. The best part for me was that I could tell what I was looking at and the abstract versions made me look at it in a new way. The last one is brilliant and the first one keeps me coming back to it.
Susan--I do like it when the images mixes realism and abstraction, I think those are the most successful in this genre. Thanks for commenting.
09-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,471
i like them, every thing doesn't have to be picture perfect to enjoy photography, I will give it a try, thanks for sharing Marcus.
09-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #8
Veteran Member
Marcus Kauffman's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 353
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
i like them, every thing doesn't have to be picture perfect to enjoy photography, I will give it a try, thanks for sharing Marcus.
Hey Bob, glad they appeal. And yes you should give it a try. It's kinda fun and liberating.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo, pine
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Landscape Natural Bridge daacon Post Your Photos! 6 10-03-2011 04:37 AM
Nature Natural Blend eaglem Post Your Photos! 2 03-15-2011 02:23 AM
Landscape Natural Texture jupiterstar Photo Critique 3 02-25-2011 10:35 PM
People Natural...or Not? Rupert Photo Critique 20 11-06-2010 07:52 AM
A Few Abstractions mel Post Your Photos! 22 11-24-2008 09:08 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:21 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top