Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Early Photography
Camera: K-5 
Posted By: spectral, 09-27-2012, 10:09 PM

I am pretty new to photography so any constructive criticism on this would be appreciated. Shot with my K-5!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 461
09-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Am struggling to see what you were trying to show in this image. The composure is way to close it is underexposed and out of focus, the burnt out highlights top left do not help either. Stand or zoom further out from the plant and fit the whole of the plant in shot and watch the backgrounds. Keep on shooting and experimenting with the K5 and you will soon get great results. Keep posting.
09-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just keep at it and practice , practice , practice. I agree with the comments above. Overall the underexposure takes away all the detail.
09-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Agree with snappychappy and Dave. Keep plugging away and you will get there. Keep posting too so we can enjoy your progress along with you.

09-29-2012, 02:38 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks guys. I completely agree about the underexposure and technical critiques, however, unlike the first response, I don't find the overall closup composure of the photo to be bad. Although, I must admit, it's a bit hard for me to judge my own work.
09-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Spectral--welcome to the forum and thanks for the question. I am only a couple years into photography so I still remember some of the advice I got along the way (no expert mind you).

I find it is helpful to think about why you want to take a picture and what is going make your idea most effective. The thing that captures your interest can be light, color, pattern, expression, whatever. When you see something you want to take a picture of; before you push the shutter-stop and ask yourself why do I want to take this picture. The act of examining your interest in an image will improve the resulting photograph. And with digital you can go back see how the settings you used help or hindered your result.

Good luck and happy shooting!

Marcus