Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Alaska Part V (last) - Anchorage and Kenai Peninsula (photos in reply)
Posted By: palmor, 02-04-2008, 07:42 AM

Well here is the last series of Alaska (hopefully not everyone is too sick of all my Alaska postings ).

Anyway, the last week of our trip was spent on the Kenai Peninsula and the Anchorage area. We took the ferry from Valdez to Whittier, from there we drove to Seward. We spent a few days there then drove to Homer with a stop at a great BB in Clam Gulch (Clam Gulch Lodge). I can't say enough about the BB, it was a great 2 nights we spent there.

After the Kenai we headed back to Anchorage for the last couple of days before we headed out. In all we spent 3.5 weeks and there is still a TON we would want to go back and see.

In Seward

We took another day cruise to see some more glaciers/wildlife. Unfortunately there were VERY rough seas so we didn't see much outside the calmer inlets.

After visiting the glacier the crew scooped up an ice chunk and made margarita's out of it (10,00 year old ice)

After Seward we headed down to Homer with a stop at a BB in Clam Gulch. This is the view from the back yard of the BB (about a 300' drop to the ocean). Just linking to save bandwidth
IMGP8745.jpg photo - palmor photos at pbase.com

We camped out on Homer Spit, again another nice view from our tent:

There are a ton of Eagles in Homer as well

After Homer we made our way back to Anchorage, this is on the last hike of the trip

One of my favorite photos.. that my wife walking ahead.. I think having her in the photo really gives some perspective

My friend Brian taking a bread after reaching the glacier

The hike back down

Views: 2,607
02-04-2008, 09:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by palmor Quote
Well here is the last series of Alaska (hopefully not everyone is too sick of all my Alaska postings ).
Well, after slowly browsing all your posts I am overwhelmed - but happily so. Had to shake my self to get back to my desk from this wonderful documentary journey. Great pictures, hope I have some day a change to visit Alaska. I have not had my K10D long enough to have it with me in finnish Lapland, I am longing already to the north...

I especially liked the see lions, the eagles and the glacier pics.

Thank you for sharing!
02-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #3
Inactive Account

positively stunning. beautiful shots. any filters used? which lens(es)?
02-04-2008, 09:27 AM   #4

Great shots I especially like the one before last.

02-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #5

All your Alaska photo series are just mind blowing. Thanks for sharing those photos.
02-04-2008, 10:40 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just spent an hour in your PBase galleries, wonderful photography and thanks for the memories. We lived many years in the Yukon so some of the sights were familiar. You sure were lucky with the weather on that trip, thanks again for the post,

Heinrich
02-04-2008, 10:49 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Wow about sums it up - I am off to review your other posts - breathtaking scenary of natual beauty - great eagle shots as well.

02-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wonderful series!!! Thank you for the tour of the places I've always wanted to visit, and some day I will!

Regards,
D
02-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Thanks for sharing. It definitely makes me want to save my pennies (more like dollars $$) for a future trip there. My favorite shot was the one on the hike down.
02-04-2008, 07:01 PM   #10
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fantastic shots! That 2nd shot of the eagle is just something! And the glacier shots! Thanks for sharing!
02-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Wow What great pictures. It is my desire to get up there one day. I love the eagle shots but all of them are good. I'm also going to look up your other posts.
02-04-2008, 07:40 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the positive feedback on all these photos. Its especially nice since every photo that I tried to get into the PPG from the Alaska series was rejected

If anyone is planning a trip please feel free to ask if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help however I can

John
02-05-2008, 02:15 AM   #13
Veteran Member

seriously stunning. One more place to visit in my life time. It must cost a bit to get there in fact
02-05-2008, 02:26 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Thanks for sharing. Instead of being sick of your Alaska posts I found myself disappointed when I got to the end of your photos.
Keep up the good work.
02-07-2008, 08:09 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Nice job ! Alaska is always on my list of must see ! Thanks for sharing the photos !