Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Smoky Grand Tetons
Posted By: Colorado CJ, 10-01-2012, 09:59 AM

Howdy everyone. I spent the last four days visiting Yellowstone National Park. I passed through the Grand Teton National Park on my way there (stayed in Jackson over night). Here are a few photos taken with my new D600 and 50mm F1.8 G lens. It was very smoky most of the day, but I got a decent shot earlier in the morning.

These were converted using the Nikon software. I'm not familiar with it and it is very limiting compared to Adobe's Camera Raw, so I didn't do hardly any post processing as I usually would. I can't wait for ACR to update for the D600, these images would be much better.

As a side note, I LOVE this D600! Images at 100% are outstanding in detail and sharpness, even at 200% there is really no noise and very little loss of detail.

I'm really going to like using this camera.
Views: 1,728
10-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I know this place well and looks like the weather was awesome. I dropped my D700 in the Ocean and Nikon is only giving me a 50/50 chance of saving. May need a replacement though I think I prefer the D700 over the 600 or 800, based on what I have read. Cheers and always enjoy your images. JIM

10-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
I know this place well and looks like the weather was awesome. I dropped my D700 in the Ocean and Nikon is only giving me a 50/50 chance of saving. May need a replacement though I think I prefer the D700 over the 600 or 800, based on what I have read. Cheers and always enjoy your images. JIM
Thanks Jim, sorry to hear about the camera, saltwater is no good for electronics.

I went back and re post processed the 2nd photo using the Capture NX2 trial that I downloaded. Although it is much different than ACR, it is a pretty powerful tool. I'll definitely have to buy it and start working with it.

Anyway, I did a little more to the photo before converting it to a jpeg. I then opened it in Photoshop and took out the stick in the center of the image using the spot healing brush tool and content aware. It worked excellent! You wouldn't be able to tell where I cloned it out even at 100%, that content aware is an excellent update to CS6.

Here is the photo. I'm going to go back to doing the same with the other photos.