Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Surfers Paradise
Posted By: FruitLooPs, 02-04-2008, 03:18 PM

Here are a few shots from my recent holiday to Surfers on the coast of Australia.

Looking up at the Surfers Aquaurius hotel where we stayed.

The top and stupid aerial that gives that building the title of biggest residential building in australiasia, or something.

First attempt at a long exposure, needs work but not too bad IMO.

Surfers paradise from 27th floor of the Aquarius Hotel we stayed in

Plane ride home

Trying the 80-200mm Pentax M-series from the 27th floor - not a full size crop

Oh and, why is it when you left click my images to expand them they still have horrible compression artifacts but if you right click and view image and just load it in another tab - they don't.

Last edited by FruitLooPs; 02-04-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Views: 1,607
02-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I was hoping to see a few surfers!. In any case thanks for the good shots I like the night shot best.
02-04-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yeah it was horribly overcast for about 7 of the 10 days I was there which sucked. I was hesitant to take the camera down to the sand and seawater.

That and I didn't really think of it, there wasn't a whole lot of surfing going on to be honest - maybe further down. The waves were pulled by fairly strong rips and undertows which made them quite choppy

no maui barrels to be shot there, despite the name! maybe it was just the wrong time of year.
02-05-2008, 05:12 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Still you managed to get some great photographs

02-05-2008, 05:16 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FruitLooPs Quote
Yeah it was horribly overcast for about 7 of the 10 days I was there which sucked. I was hesitant to take the camera down to the sand and seawater.

That and I didn't really think of it, there wasn't a whole lot of surfing going on to be honest - maybe further down. The waves were pulled by fairly strong rips and undertows which made them quite choppy

no maui barrels to be shot there, despite the name! maybe it was just the wrong time of year.
yer, surfers sucks big time for surf.. ive been there many a time!! there are plenty of breaks that are decent around the area.. but the tourismy areas are pretty average. some times can get quite consistent.. but yeh.. i think il put up with the cold victorian water!! atleast we have sik swell!!

nice shots also mate.. came out well, i love the one from out the jets window!