Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My first photo! It's spring time on campus...
Lens: Pentax 18-135 WR Camera: Pentax K-30 Photo Location: Auckland, New Zealand ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/2000s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Mr008, 10-05-2012, 12:03 AM

Hey, so following from my first post: forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/198149-beginner-seeking-help-first-lenses-first-digital-slr-camera-k-30-a.html, I went on to purchase the Pentax K-30 and the 18-135 WR! This is my first DSLR and it is a steep learning curve! I have only had the camera and lens for about 3 days so lots of trial and error at this point . Here is a photo I shot today on campus which I am quite happy with and wanted to share. I hope you guys like it . Looking forward to sharing more photos soon!

Views: 659
10-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not a bad first attempt.You captured the bee quite well and the colours of the flowers add to the image.Good effort, and it's great that your first DSLR is a Pentax.
10-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nothing wrong with your opening entry at all. Congrats and enjoy it's a great hobby.
10-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Excellent attempt! If this is only your first one, we're in for a treat...

10-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats on your new purchase. Will look forward to seeing more photos from you in the future.
10-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Barnster Quote
Not a bad first attempt.You captured the bee quite well and the colours of the flowers add to the image.Good effort, and it's great that your first DSLR is a Pentax.
Thank you. I am happy it's a Pentax as well, I already got asked by people what camera I was holding just because it's different and it stands out- without even going into what this camera packs at it's price range .

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Nothing wrong with your opening entry at all. Congrats and enjoy it's a great hobby.
Thanks daacon!

QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
Excellent attempt! If this is only your first one, we're in for a treat...
Oh wow, thanks a lot! I'll try and not disappoint anyone!

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Congrats on your new purchase. Will look forward to seeing more photos from you in the future.
Thank you