Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Say you will be back...
Lens: 18-135 WR Camera: Pentax K-30 Photo Location: Auckland, New Zealand ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Mr008, 10-05-2012, 01:58 AM

Went for a walk with Shadow literally right after receiving my lens! This is a photo taken near my house that I quite like. This is my first DSLR and I am loving it so far. Shadow is more like a little brother than a dog, I hope his personality will show through the photos I will upload in the future.
He is actually a very happy dog, don't let this photo fool you . Enjoy .

Views: 921
10-05-2012, 04:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you captured Shadow's expression very well. To me, he doesn't look unhappy - looks more like he is thinking "there he goes again holding that funny thing in front of his face".
10-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well done I think he is just waiting for you to take the shot so you guys get on with the walk !
10-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Love this one. The framing makes it and you captured the dog's expression so well.

10-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Love it! Can't wait to see more photos of Shadow
10-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
What a beautiful dog, you can definately see that spark of intelligence behind his eyes. Very well captured.
10-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I think you captured Shadow's expression very well. To me, he doesn't look unhappy - looks more like he is thinking "there he goes again holding that funny thing in front of his face".
That is most likely what he was thinking haha, he wants to run off do his thing and I ask him to sit and pose- he must get sick of it .

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Well done I think he is just waiting for you to take the shot so you guys get on with the walk !
He was, he wants my undivided attention when we go out, and the camera 'gets in the way.'

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Love this one. The framing makes it and you captured the dog's expression so well.
QuoteOriginally posted by sebberry Quote
Love it! Can't wait to see more photos of Shadow
Thank you, I'm very happy you liked it! More photos coming very very soon!

QuoteOriginally posted by Stoogie Quote
What a beautiful dog, you can definately see that spark of intelligence behind his eyes. Very well captured.
Thanks Stoogie, I am sure the "attention sponge" (AKA Shadow) would be thrilled to know he just got a very nice complement, I won't tell him just because I don't want to inflate his ego . Thank you .

10-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Great shot. Make sure you take heaps of photos of your dog, because they don't last forever (dogs, that is).
I had to put my beloved Sally (see avatar) down last year, at 13 1/2 years of age. I'm just glad I've got some photographic memories around the house, and every now and then, I find one of Sally's white hairs on my shirt. Spooky.

Regards
10-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Great choice for a first DSLR. And nice composition! What software are you using? I'd suggest lightening up the white fur a little (not too much) and then using vibrancy/saturation to make those orange eyeballs shine. Try it and see what you think!
10-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sam-joseph Quote
Great shot. Make sure you take heaps of photos of your dog, because they don't last forever (dogs, that is).
I had to put my beloved Sally (see avatar) down last year, at 13 1/2 years of age. I'm just glad I've got some photographic memories around the house, and every now and then, I find one of Sally's white hairs on my shirt. Spooky.

Regards
I am sorry to hear you lost your friend Sally. I grew up with a dog, a German Shepherd (who also had to be put down at 15), and didn't get another dog until Shadow. Your message touched me, and trust me I will create as many photographic memories of my unconditional friend and I will have mental memories of him forever. Thank you for your comment!

QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Great choice for a first DSLR. And nice composition! What software are you using? I'd suggest lightening up the white fur a little (not too much) and then using vibrancy/saturation to make those orange eyeballs shine. Try it and see what you think!
I am using Lightroom, I'll give it a shot and let you know what I think! Thanks for your tips . I just uploaded another photo, let me know what you think Jerry.
10-07-2012, 05:30 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Shadow is gorgeous, this shot is precious, and as a person owned by several dogs I will enjoy each and every one of your shots that you post!
10-08-2012, 04:58 AM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Shadow is gorgeous, this shot is precious, and as a person owned by several dogs I will enjoy each and every one of your shots that you post!
Thank you very much tessfully, I appreciate your warm comment . I just uploaded an action shot of shadow, look up "ninja dog" !