Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Every man has a story...
Posted By: Mr008, 10-09-2012, 05:12 AM

While sitting with my girlfriend on our lunch break, my girlfriend had a play with my camera and she spotted this man across the street. I took the camera and snapped this shot. He was staring right at me, I think that really made the photo. Tell me what you think...

Last edited by Mr008; 10-09-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Views: 1,922
10-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Interesting...I like the "old man" in B&W....the shoes just seem "right" in BW.....but the background seems to work better in the original muted colors.....

Thanks for posting. Good photograph...

10-13-2012, 04:08 AM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
Very emotive. A subject that I personally would have difficulty in capturing. Of the B/W v Colour debate, I tend to prefer the muted colours which give the photo a certain "grundgy" look. If that's the right word.
Thanks for the comment Bruce. Yeah, I tend to agree on the muted colours as well, but perhaps I am somewhat subjective as that was my original editing!

QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
I think it's a first class street shot, wow!
Thanks a lot GeoJerry, I really appreciate your comment. Glad you liked the shot!

QuoteOriginally posted by Den Quote
This is such a perfect shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With the absolute contrast of characters, I don't think this could be any better even if one planned the shot. This is a real winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Den! There is a component of luck when it comes to ending up with all those contrasting features working so well together! Thank you very much for your comment .

QuoteOriginally posted by forensicscientist Quote
Interesting...I like the "old man" in B&W....the shoes just seem "right" in BW.....but the background seems to work better in the original muted colors.....

Thanks for posting. Good photograph...
Haha, dilemmas dilemmas! More than welcome, and thank you!
10-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
i AM SO ENVIOUS OF THIS SHOT. iT IS GREAT ON SO MANY LEVELS. I LOVE IT.
10-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Incredible shot. I agree with the other poster about the muted colors lending a "grungy" tone, altho it also works well in b/w. Thanks also for sharing your PP technique. My own pp is at a much more basic level, so I found your explanation fascinating.

10-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #20
Forum Member

the jam jar is a nice touch! nice of him to oblige
10-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #21
Forum Member

there should be an online photo game... Homeless Man or band from Williamsburg?

.org
10-15-2012, 03:19 AM   #22
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Beachnutt Quote
i AM SO ENVIOUS OF THIS SHOT. iT IS GREAT ON SO MANY LEVELS. I LOVE IT.
Thank you for your very kind comment!

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Incredible shot. I agree with the other poster about the muted colors lending a "grungy" tone, altho it also works well in b/w. Thanks also for sharing your PP technique. My own pp is at a much more basic level, so I found your explanation fascinating.
Thanks Paul! Yeah, it's interesting hearing the ideas other photographers have in terms of editing; I enjoyed the suggestions and gave them a go .
You are more than welcome, I am glad it helped. I consider myself a knowledgeable beginner, but if I can help anyone else with what I do know I am all for it!

QuoteOriginally posted by poppaneedsanap Quote
the jam jar is a nice touch! nice of him to oblige
This shot was completely spontaneous; he looks as if he is posing for it, but he was actually across a busy city road and he happened to look at me and the camera. I think he was looking at my girlfriend after she took a few shots of him moments before and it captured his attention.