Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
It had to happen .....
Lens: Sigma 17-70 Camera: K20D Photo Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta 
Posted By: daacon, 10-10-2012, 12:27 PM

Woke up this morning (which considering the alternative is always a good thing ) . And was welcomed to what you see below . It won't last (weekend is shaping up nicely) but always a little depressing the first time you see it

Click on image twice for larger view

10 shot pano taken out of the garage.

The 'Patio' is now closed for the 2012 season ........................................

Views: 1,522
10-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey bud, now that's not right this early in the year. There is a cold snap coming into Vegas, temps are supposed to drop all the way down in the mid 70's the next couple of days, but will go back up to the 80's in a couple of days.
10-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yea, we had this last week to be repeated tonight. Good thing is the weekend is supposed to be nice. Who is renovating, you or the neighbour?
10-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Well, it could be worse, look what I had to endure last night.

10-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shots Dave, something we never see in Perth.
10-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Hey bud, now that's not right this early in the year. There is a cold snap coming into Vegas, temps are supposed to drop all the way down in the mid 70's the next couple of days, but will go back up to the 80's in a couple of days.
haah 13 Sleeps till we hit Vegas - Gave up on the pre-photo trip will save that for another time.

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Yea, we had this last week to be repeated tonight. Good thing is the weekend is supposed to be nice. Who is renovating, you or the neighbour?
Thanks Heinrich yeah I saw the news you guys got hit pretty bad - that's the neighbors he just moved in and used that to haul some of his stuff.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
Well, it could be worse, look what I had to endure last night.
haha Denis Leary has a song for guys like you ! (JK) Beautiful shot btw.

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Nice shots Dave, something we never see in Perth.
Nope but you have mountains you can go to or eaiser to open the freezer and look at some of the snow in there
10-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just think, buddy - soon you'll be frolicking in a winter wonder land while we plod along through endless days of balmy weather chained to the treadmill of sailing, cruising with the top down and riding bicycles. OK, that was cruel, so pretend I didn't say it .

Jer

10-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Nope but you have mountains you can go to
Clearly you have never been to Perth......
10-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #9
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In Tawana (i.e. Toronto) we don't have this problem as we have only 2 seasons - winter and construction and winter keeps getting shorter and shorter
10-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
ell, it could be worse, look what I had to endure last night.
Funny
That's about all the snow we get here in a winter. That is enough to close the schools. Some times I miss the snow but then I come to my senses Nice shots.
10-11-2012, 02:36 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Just think, buddy - soon you'll be frolicking in a winter wonder land while we plod along through endless days of balmy weather chained to the treadmill of sailing, cruising with the top down and riding bicycles. OK, that was cruel, so pretend I didn't say it .
Jer
ok now you've done it !

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
Clearly you have never been to Perth......
Clearly I never have been on the list thought .........

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
In Tawana (i.e. Toronto) we don't have this problem as we have only 2 seasons - winter and construction and winter keeps getting shorter and shorter
We have those two seasons as well Marc and winter which has been great (last year) and can be a bear (2009 was a brutal one)

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Funny
That's about all the snow we get here in a winter. That is enough to close the schools. Some times I miss the snow but then I come to my senses Nice shots.
Good on ya . this is just a warning for us to get our winter tires on
10-11-2012, 04:16 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Given the spring we had here, along with the drought, I'm hoping winter won't hit until late December with the first (and only?) snowfall sometime in January.

Yeah, I know that won't happen!
10-11-2012, 05:43 AM   #13
Veteran Member

You have my sympathy. I will go take my bathing suit off and skip my tanning session on the deck in your honor.
10-11-2012, 06:29 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
ok now you've done it !
OK - I deserved that . And . . . ah . . . . well . . . . . I guess I did neglect to mention some minor downsides of our area like three months of asphyxiating heat and humidity, mosquitos the size of dragon flies and the joy of preparing evacuation bags each June in case the "big one" comes ashore. Sometimes I forget little details like these, but . . . . hey . . . . . I'm a big picture kinda guy .

Jer
10-11-2012, 06:42 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
OK - I deserved that . And . . . ah . . . . well . . . . . I guess I did neglect to mention some minor downsides of our area like three months of asphyxiating heat and humidity, mosquitos the size of dragon flies and the joy of preparing evacuation bags each June in case the "big one" comes ashore. Sometimes I forget little details like these, but . . . . hey . . . . . I'm a big picture kinda guy .
Jer
haha Glad ya liked the song one of my favorites - Yep we all got somehting to wrorry about (BTW we get very few mosquitoes in the winter ) and some days it's cold enough where the Fahrenheit and Celsius scales meet (-40), so no need for conversion. We get pot holes and cracks in the roads from the deep freeze / thaw every year but that keeps the economy here booming (that's one thing I noticed in the Southern States , the road once built remain smooth and clean very little need for any maintenance) . On the other hand - nice winter days after a fresh snow and blue skies it's a treat for sure. I am always a glass half full kinda guy