Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Day 12 nd 13 in Iceland
Lens: 24-70 Photo Location: Iceland ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: Jimbo, 10-14-2012, 04:35 PM

Ok, down to the last five days and then I am done the first go through. Taking longer then I thought it would. Cheers JIM

Against the Peaks

Darkened Falls

Fallen Spray

Golden Fields

Sleepy Horse

Breaking Light

Views: 1,456
10-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice set Jim, Darkened Falls is a real ripper, sweet. TFS
10-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Nice set Jim, Darkened Falls is a real ripper, sweet. TFS
Thank you for commenting. JIM
10-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am torn between Darkened Falls and Golden Fields. They are all enjoyable to view, but those two for me tho stand out.
Thanks for sharing

10-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #5

Your work with the light evokes great feelings with these shots, everyone will enjoy them! It's easy to see that you enjoy creating them!
10-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's Breaking Light for me, which isn't to say the other ones aren't spectacular. As it has been said: keep them coming!
10-14-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Darkened Falls is my favorite in this set. I really like the otherworldly effect. Were you just lucky with that wonderful reflection in the water, and/or did you enhance it in some way? Also where was this taken? We didn't see this one.

10-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #8
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Darkened Falls = sweet.
There's something about the way light renders up in that part of the world.
10-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Darkened Falls for me too but I love the misty other-worldly feeling of Breaking Light.
10-15-2012, 06:28 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I like any type of farm scene, and these are just out of this world! Your composition of the farm buildings and fields against the harsh backdrop of the rugged mountains is perfect. Also what I find striking is the lack of any vehicles or machinery in any of them.
10-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You are truly drawing with light! Love all of your images! Now considering spending a long weekend in Ireland soon.
10-15-2012, 06:51 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Really amazing photographs Jim. I love the waterfall photos, each in it's own way. and Breaking Light - WOW
10-15-2012, 07:12 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I am torn between Darkened Falls and Golden Fields. They are all enjoyable to view, but those two for me tho stand out.
Thanks for sharing
Appreciate you taking the time to comment. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Your work with the light evokes great feelings with these shots, everyone will enjoy them! It's easy to see that you enjoy creating them!
Thank you for your kind words. JIM

QuoteQuote:
It's Breaking Light for me, which isn't to say the other ones aren't spectacular. As it has been said: keep them coming!
Thank you for commenting. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Darkened Falls is my favorite in this set. I really like the otherworldly effect. Were you just lucky with that wonderful reflection in the water, and/or did you enhance it in some way? Also where was this taken? We didn't see this one.
Believe this one is Godafoss on the Skjafandafljot river. This is in Northern Iceland on the Ring Road. JIM
Gošafoss - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
QuoteQuote:

Darkened Falls = sweet.
There's something about the way light renders up in that part of the world.

Yesterday 10:16 PM
I have to agree with you Ash. I think it had a lot to do with the time of year too where the horizon is lower. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Darkened Falls for me too but I love the misty other-worldly feeling of Breaking Light.
THank you Susan. JIM

QuoteQuote:
I like any type of farm scene, and these are just out of this world! Your composition of the farm buildings and fields against the harsh backdrop of the rugged mountains is perfect. Also what I find striking is the lack of any vehicles or machinery in any of them.
THe most interesting thing we seen on farm equipment was it was left in the middle of no where to just rust. We seen 100's of tractors, sitting in the middle of no where. MNost of the working equipment was in the fields bringing in sheep or feed. We seen a lot of women driving both cars and farm equipment. A lot more women then men. JIM

QuoteQuote:
You are truly drawing with light! Love all of your images! Now considering spending a long weekend in Ireland soon.
I think Northern Ireland is only a two hour flight from Iceland so the landspaces should be close on tjhe coast. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Really amazing photographs Jim. I love the waterfall photos, each in it's own way. and Breaking Light - WOW
THank you. JIM
10-15-2012, 07:33 AM   #14
Veteran Member

My fav is golden fields! I think there is too much dark foreground in Darkened Falls, but that's just me. Beautiful series!
10-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
My fav is golden fields! I think there is too much dark foreground in Darkened Falls, but that's just me. Beautiful series!
You could be right though its too late for cropping as it would change the look too much. I should have moved slightly closer to the bank. Cheers JIM