Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Autumn Reflections
Camera: K20D Photo Location: Algonquin Park, Ontario,Canada 
Posted By: normhead, 10-17-2012, 06:28 AM

Cross posted in the Reflections thread.... thanks to Cee Cee for the idea for the thread..

I guess now that the colours have passed, I should be postng more. We're starting to get into November, whcih is typically pretty dreary around here. We could sit down with a table and have dinner on Hwy 60 without having to worry about cars. The odd transport maybe, but no cars.

And the link to the whole album here, 77 images viewable as a slide show.
Views: 2,073
10-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Gorgeous images Norm. You are so lucky to have the fall colors and so skilled to capture them so beautifully. I love the reflected light on the water of the first and the fantastic reflections, colors and sky of the second. My two favorites of a wonderful series.
10-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Susan... you always say such nice things... of course you also encouraged tess to steal the K-5... is this the good slopez or the bad slopez? ... must be the good one this time.
10-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Very nice shots and colors Norm.I'm not seeing that down here in Fl. only spectacular sunsets--charliezap

10-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hey, well you take what you can get.... and you can never have too many great sunsets.
10-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice set Norn, the duck shot flat out rocks!
10-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks riff, a bit lucky on that shot, ducks don't really take direction very well. It took him about 10 minutes to get to where I wanted him for the picture.

10-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, you wouldn't even need any extra saturation with those vivid colors. Beautiful images.
10-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
ducks don't really take direction very well
<laughing> I was wondering where the doggies were when I viewed this shot. My Border Collie tried to herd duck, geese... even sail boats.
10-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Norm, these are such beautiful photos. What a sight to see in person and live within the beauty. We are now in the desert where it is brown for autumn...and summer and.......
10-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Wow, you wouldn't even need any extra saturation with those vivid colors. Beautiful images.
We used the "fall colours mild" preset instead of the "fall colours cloudy" preset if that's what you mean. It's hard to make those coloours look as bright as they really were, even if you crank it all the way up.

QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
<laughing> I was wondering where the doggies were when I viewed this shot. My Border Collie tried to herd duck, geese... even sail boats.
Trip was told not to bother the ducks, and he was very good about it, I mean he whined a little bit but for the most part he was OK with it. Then all the sudden he lost it.

Then he was fine again. I don't know what came over him. The ducks went on down into a little bay and cleaned up. Maybe some undies were soiled when he came after them.

After the one chase he was fine again, playing with his ball on the beach.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Norm, these are such beautiful photos. What a sight to see in person and live within the beauty. We are now in the desert where it is brown for autumn...and summer and.......
You know if you never get up here, you're going to regret it. We are planning a big swing through Arizona and the Rockies for two years from now. We need Dreamer to die (he's already 13 and way to old to travel, and way to senile to be left with someone else.) Last time we left him with Ricky, T's son who helped raise him, he didn't eat for 2 weeks until we picked him up. Damn near killed him. Get that itinerary ready dude, we're counting on you. I'd be there next summer but we have to go out east first.

Last edited by normhead; 10-18-2012 at 11:36 AM.
10-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #12
JMR
Veteran Member

I was there this autumn. I rented a cottage by Oxtongue Lake. I am sure you know where it is. Overall, these very nice images. But I think you may want to tone down your processing, they look somewhat underexposed. Should be easy to fix. Nice work.

JMR
10-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
I was there this autumn. I rented a cottage by Oxtongue Lake. I am sure you know where it is. Overall, these very nice images. But I think you may want to tone down your processing, they look somewhat underexposed. Should be easy to fix. Nice work.

JMR
Jeeze, ya shoulda dropped in for a pop. (Hmmm, I wonder if you have any lenses I'd like to try out.) About the under-exposed thing, they look fine on my monitor, but they look under exposed on our other computers, so what I do is I add 15% brightness when I prepare them for printing. And then I create a separate file to alter and save it with other printed images. But when I run slide shows on this computer, I like them to look good, on this computer. We can only accommodate old monitors so much.
10-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
sudden he lost it
priceless, and more or less as I imagined.
10-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm always so jealous when I see great fall photos. I really liked the first one, with the calm and colorful reflections, plus a bit of an edge to it - violation of rule of thirds! :-) I like it.